Chapter 10

Max was feeling the pressure. He felt like he was failing to lead his team, the investigation was not going well, Benjamin's shocking resignation from Clark Solutions.  He still felt that the Benjamin he saw today was not the one he knew. The thought of Benjamin's new girlfriend made Max annoyed. Max had not wished to start his tenure as leader with bad results so early.

He arrived at the headquarters of Clark Solutions. He park his sedan car. He sighed heavily, as he looks at the entrance door of Clark Solutions. The walk inside was long, as he thought of a way to break the news to his team. He opened the door. The receptionist looked at him with a smile.

"Welcome back, Mr Walker."

Max nodded as he walk pass the receptionist. The receptionist always looked happy and upbeat about everything.

"Are you ok?"

Max stopped and gaze at the receptionist.

"Why are always so positive? I can't recall seeing you down."

"Well, Mr Walker, I'm honored to work here. Everyday it blessing to be here because here we make a difference in society. Hearing more stories about what a type of person Mr Clark was is inspiring me everyday."

Max can attest the positive impact Mr Clark had in his life. He remembered the values and principles of Mr Clark. He didn't want to disappoint the legacy of Mr Clark. Seeing employee's like the receptionist still wanting to do better and be positive.

Max smiled. "Thanks for this talk.   I needed it."

"You welcome Mr Walker."

Max continued walking towards the corridor. He entered the investigation room. He found his team discussing the case.

"I thought you went to get Benjamin?" Ralph asked.

Max sighed. "Unfortunately Ben is no longer a member of us. He resigned."

Everyone was shocked.

"I can't believe it." Jeff says in disbelief.

"Well, it done. We just have to accept it and move on. Benjamin, has chosen his own path. I can't force him to stay."

Everyone looked saddened by the news of Benjamin's resignation.

"Did Bill Stone say anything useful?" Max asks as he walks the window.

"Negative. He's clean." Ralph responded.

Max stands towards the window and look the beautiful garden outside.

"I wish you would've let me reach him a learn." Jeff says, with a grumpy voice.

"Jeff, Bill was provoking you. I couldn't not let you fall in his trap."

"What's next, Max?" Cedric asks.

Max turns around and looks at his team.

"I want us to find out who booked the hotel room where the shooter was? I want all the information we can find. Maybe that will help us find the shooter."

"What if the person who booked in the hotel used a false name to book it." Cedric says.

"Good thought, if that scenario is true then we must dig more deeper. I want all the CCTV footages of the places around the hotel. Come on, guys let's been more hands on deck. And let's remember why we're doing this for."

The members nodded as the looked more motivated. This was no a ordinary investigation, it was investigation of one of their own. The members felt indebted to Mr Clark, as he did so much for them. Solving the investigation was a way of getting closure and bringing to book the culprits who murdered their leader in heartbreaking way.

"For Mr Clark." Max says as he walks towards his men. He reaches out a hand.

"For Mr Clark." Ralph says as he reaches out a hand and place his hand on top of Max's hand.

Jeff joins in and place his hands on top of Ralph's hand. "For Mr Clark." He said.

Cedric moved towards them. He placed his hand on top of Jeff's hand. "For Mr Clark." He says.

Max could see the commitment the team had towards solving the mystery of who ordered the hit on their boss.

******************************