Chapter 4

Jackson walked in the reception of Morgan's office, he looked around the office, something was off about the atmosphere in the office. The receptionist looks at him.

"Welcome back, Jackson." The receptionist says as she takes out a box and places it on the table.

"Thanks you. Missed me?" Jackson says as he takes out his gun and places it on the box.

"Yes, everyone misses you when you're not around and since Luke is..." The receptionist stops and looks down.

"Since what?" He inquires.

The receptionist lose scared and remains silent.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened to Luke?"

Luke and Jackson were like brothers; they always had each other backs. Jackson recently came back from a hit he was sent to do in Cape Town. Luke and Jackson both were getting tired of this life they lived, they had plans to save up some money and start they own restaurant. Their dream of breaking free from Morgan's control was not optional, members left Morgan's club in a body bag.

"Please I rather not say it. It not my place to say it or else I'll be next." The receptionist said, nervously.

Jackson looks  concern. His gut was right about something happened here. "Is Morgan in?"

The receptionist nodded. Jackson walked straight to Morgan's office. He knocks hard.

"Enter!" A voice called out.

Jackson walked in and found Morgan puffing his cigar, Trigger stood near Morgan.

Jackson looked pissed off as he walk towards Morgan.

"You returned from Cape Town. You knock like a bloody cop." Morgan giggles. "Was this hit so bad that it made you pissed off." Morgan chuckled.

"Where is Luke?"

"Luke? Why are asking about him? I'm the one who should be asking questions about how was the hit? Was it successful?"

Jackson looks annoyed. "The hit was successful. The target is eliminated. Happy."

"Oh, such attitude. Do you see that, Trigger." Morgan puts his cigar on the ashtray.

"Yes, boss."

"Where is Luke?"

Morgan looks at Jackson calmly.

"Well, unfortunately he dead."

"You son of a..." Jackson tries to grab Morgan but he is stopped by Trigger who pushes his back.

"Trigger, get out of my way! I need to teach his old bag  something."

Morgan giggles.

"You think this is funny? You killed by best friend and then you act as nothing happened." Jackson roared.

"Luke had it coming. I had to take him out."

"Nonsense! This is the last straw, Morgan. I promise you you'll pay for this."

Morgan stood up and walked with his walking cane towards Jackson. "I see you grew some balls today. I suggest you don't make empty threats against me. I don't tolerate people who make threats against me."  Morgan stands near Jackson, his gaze is intense.

"I'm sick and tired of you. If had a choice I would leave this place. Am I next? Because it seems like when you have a problem with us you kill us."

"Continue behaving like this and your wish will come true." Morgan said, with a cold expression.

Jackson looks intimidated by Morgan.

"Jackson, if you love your family you would behave. In today's world accidents can happen anytime, anywhere and to anyone."

"If you hurt my family, I'll..."

"Do what huh? You're nothing! It seem you've forgotten what I do to people who defy me."

Jackson looks down in remorse.

"Maybe I should take your sisters and sell them to the highest bidder." Morgan says, as he smiles.

"No, please don't hurt my family." Jackson responded, in a worried tone.

"Know your place. Next time, you talk to me like that I'll not show you mercy." Morgan said sternly.

******************************