A New Era

Yuyan stood from her seat and rushed to her son, kneeling down to examine his injured face, "who did this to you?"

The raven headed child pursed his lips and averted his onyx eyes away from her blue ones. He was only 8 years old, but already started to develop the proud attitude his father has.

Uchiha Obito, named after the hero of the war, was stubborn and persistent like both parents, but he wasn't too much of these traits. He could be patient and had very good manners and could sometimes blow up if provoked. Obito adored his older brother to death and would die for his younger sister, there was no doubt about that. He was a great kid.

She sighed, "sit down, let me clean those up for you."

As she grabbed the supplies, he began to talk, "they were making fun of Konami's hair..."

Yuyan knew her child was a proud, but kind soul who often got himself into trouble when people teased him or his friends. He was particularly close to the daughter of her jade headed teacher and brilliant, pink headed medic, Konami Tachibana, named after Hisui's late mother.

Unfortunately, having two parents with strange colored hair resulted in her growing a mane of mint-green hair. It was quite a spectacle.

"Ah, I see," she sat in front of him and began to clean the wounds, "you did well to protect her. I'm proud of you."

"I didn't even win, there was three of them," he huffed.

"If I was only proud of you when you won I would be a terrible mother, don't you think?" Yuyan smiled.

His mother's smile always made him feel a sense of peace and relief, there was never a day he doubted her words and teachings.

"Probably. I'm gonna get strong someday like nii-san and beat them up..."

"If you look for revenge you'll only see half the picture!"

"Then what do I get strong for?" he tilted his head.

Yuyan placed her hand on his head, "the people who are important to you, Obito."

The young boy stared into his mother's eyes in awe and nodded his head in understanding. She closed the lid to her small medical kit and stood up to leave it back in its designated spot.

"Are we important?...to oto-san?" he struggled to ask the question.

The words didn't affect her like his tone of voice did. He was obviously conflicted about this issue and regularly asked her and his older brother about his father.

Again, Yuyan returned to sit in front of him and gave him a sweet and reassuring smile. "Sometimes when you are very strong, you have to focus on more people than just those that are important to you."

"Is that why you go away for a long time sometimes?" Obito interrogated.

"Yes, but don't you ever forget," she brought her forehead against his, staring right into his eyes, "there isn't anything I wouldn't do for you and your brother and sister."

"I understand..." he still seemed uncertain as he walked to his room, "thank you oka-san."

Once he was out of sight, Yuyan sighed and leaned back against her chair, "you should come back and visit every now and then Sasuke," she laughed to herself.

_____

Hakuoh knocked on the door to the other Uchiha residence, being received by his aunt, Kiyoko Uchiha.