Something New : Part 2

"Hakuoh."

Many unfamiliar voices called out to the stark headed boy in his sleep.

"Wake up, Hakuoh." They called him again, "there is somewhere you need to go."

The young boy groggily opened his eyes, expecting to see someone, but there wasn't a human in sight. He made a questioning face and got out of bed and changed for the day. He walked to his parents room and saw that no one was there, so he walked downstairs and saw his mother sitting on the veranda, staring up at a tree.

"Oh, good morning Hakuoh," she smiled warmly and motioned him to come closer. The young boy walked toward her and she scooped him up, giving him kisses on his head. "There's something I have to tell you."

Hakuoh looked up to his mother and cocked an eyebrow, indicating to her that he was curious as to what she was gonna say.

"Well, I haven't told your father, but I wanted you to be the first to know. You're gonna be a big brother in a few months."

He blinked a few times and smiled with genuine happiness in his eyes. For someone so young, Yuyan didn't expect him to understand what it would mean to be an older sibling, but he seemed to understand well enough.

"Does that sounds exciting?" she asked.

He nodded vigorously.

"You're going to be an incredible brother Hakuoh. I know you are. I want you to be the one to give them a name when the time comes," she embraced him tightly.

He looked at her again with a shocked face that read 'really?!'

She nodded her head, "I would give the honor to your father, but I get the feeling you'll come up with something perfect! Now let's have some breakfast!"

The ate together, Yuyan talked a lot and he nodded, listening to every word she said. He didn't understand all of it, but he enjoyed hearing her speak regardless. The day was beautiful, so while his mother cleaned around the house, he went to sit outside to enjoy the sun.

Sliding open the door, his eyes settled on a large, majestic eagle. It was bigger than him, with a black back and beak, white belly, and gray face. It's yellow feet were likely large enough to cover the child's entire face with sharp, obsidian talons. He has seen a much smaller hawk around the house often which he knew was Hisen, who was his mother's companion, but he didn't recognize this one.

Something felt different about this bird. As he stared into its golden eyes, he felt something had clicked inside of him. The two made eye contact for some time. Hakuoh couldn't describe it, but he knew that the bird wanted to communicate with him somehow when it flapped it's wings.

'There's somewhere you have to go', he recalled the words in his dream.

With you? he questioned to the eagle in his mind.

The eagle took off into a nearby tree and turned back to the child. Hakuoh glanced inside the house and saw his mother was still busy with cleaning. He knows she doesn't like it when he wanders off on his own, but he can't communicate that he's going to follow this random, huge bird somewhere.

Hakuoh fidgets, debating what he should do, but the bird calls to him. He knows he has to go.

———