[3]

"Rude Much?!"

We worked on a few cases after my first. It was pretty exhausting travel all the time, but I wouldn't nag about it. I'd wake up every day at about 7 am and I'd be at work at 8. It was the same routine unless we got a case. This weekend was my sister's graduation and I think it'd be pretty rude if I didn't attend considering the two facts that, A, I was invited, and B, I've never really spent time with her during her high school years. I got up from my chair and went to Hotch's office. His door was open but obviously, I had to knock. "It's open, come in," Hotch said.

I walked into his office and smiled. "Hey, Hotch!" I said.

"Ross! How can I help you?" He asked.

"Alright so it's my younger sister's graduation this Saturday and I was asked to be there, and I was wondering if I could take Thursday and Friday off as well and be back first thing on Monday?" I explained.

"Yes, it's fine. I'll call you if we have a case," He said. He scared me since he never smiled but he was nice.

"Thank you, Hotch. I'll let you get back to your work," I said walking out of his office.

Wednesday night, I packed a duffle bag and drove all the way home to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I got off work at 7 and left Quantico at 9. It was a two-hour drive that was filled with a whole depressing playlist on my iPod and an episode of this one crime-solving podcast. I pulled into the driveway and put the car in park. I got out and I'm guessing that mom and dad heard me cause I heard someone open the front door and yell, "There's the other Dr. Ross!"

I didn't even think to get my bag from the trunk I just ran towards dad. I hugged him like a normal person while he was crushing me. "Dad, I kinda can't breathe now," I said.

"Oh, sorry!" He said letting me go. Then I hugged mom, who thankfully didn't break my rib bones. I got my bag and went inside. I heard two people talking, a male and female voice came. But the female voice wasn't from any of my sister's. I went into the living room and saw my brother sitting on the couch next to another woman. They both got up and I hugged my brother. "There's the little genius!" He said with a big smile.

"Shut up, Brad. You're only two years older than me," I said. Bradley 'Brad' Ross, my older brother. He was a law graduate from Yale, top of his class actually. He lived in Miami, Florida though. We don't know why he chose Miami, he hates humid places.

"Shut up, Brad," He mocked me. "You have not changed a bit!"

"Oh actually, I got a haircut last week, but you wouldn't know," I said with a smirk.

"Oh, still a bitch I see," He said.

"Bradley! Language!" Mom yelled. Mom was always strict when it came to manner. We were never allowed to cuss, or pull pranks because it'd be 'rude'. That's why we'd do all that at school.

"Still getting in trouble I see."

"It's good to see you, Brooke," He said pulling me into another hug.

"Good to see you too Brad," I said patting him on the back as a signal to stop hugging me. I looked at the woman and smiled waiting for an introduction from someone. Who are you? Where did you come from?

"Oh uh, Brooke, this is my girlfriend, Julia. Julia, this is baby sister number one, Dr. Brooke Ross," Brad introduced.

I shook her hand and said, "You can just call me Brooke."

"It's nice to meet you, Brooke," Julia said with an innocent smile.

"Nice to meet you too," I said sitting down on the couch. "Where are the other two?" I ask noticing the house is quiet cause none of them are home. Mom came back into the living room and put a plate of cookies on the coffee table.