[2]

Seattle

We waited for about an hour when we got the news that a bomb exploded in a bus in Seattle, Washington. We packed up and headed to Seattle, all of us except Em. The bus had exploded in the middle of the street which was now a crime scene. There were a bunch of cop cars parked around it and it was packed with people. We got out of the black SUV and started to look around. "So Seattle's where it all began," Reid said.

"We just need to figure out what it is. And off the top of my head, I can think of grunge music and overpriced coffee," Morgan said. I looked around a bit more and saw someone walk towards us. I ignored him cause he was obviously approaching Hotch.

"That doesn't seem significant enough for terrorism," I said.

"It's a personal cause bomber. It only needs to be of significance to him," Gideon explained to me. The agent and Hotchner shook hands.

"Agent Nick Casey, Seattle Field Office," Agent Casey introduced.

"S.S.A. Hotchner, how do you do?" Hotch said. Then he pointed at us. "This is Dr. Spencer Reid, Dr. Brooke Ross, S.S.A. Morgan, Agent Jareau, and S.S.A. Gideon. Have you identified the device?" He asked.

"Looks like a small pipe bomb attached to an umbrella," He explained. Morgan stepped forward.

"I'd like to take a look at those bomb fragments as soon as possible. I've got bomb squad experience," Morgan said.

"As soon as they're cataloged." Gideon then started to walk around.

"How many people were on the bus when the explosion went off?" Spencer said as we all walked closer to the bus's remains.

"Twenty-five including the driver. The explosion killed two. The driver and a young male. Injured seven," Agent Casey said. That's it?! Only 2?!

" A pipe bomb on a crowded city bus and only two people are killed?" I asked.

"Had a relatively small charge. The two dead were found closest to the bomb at the time of detonation," He explained. He paused and looked at a note. "Sylvia Cohen, an elderly passenger, found the umbrella on the floor at her feet. She said the young man volunteered to take it to the driver for her. She's pretty broken up about it."

"Have you vetted and debriefed the rest of the passengers?" Hotch asked.

"I have their info if you want to talk to them," Casey said.

"Did you get their positions?"

"Sorry?"

"Where they were on the bus?"

"No."

"JJ, maybe you can re-contact the passengers and map their locations," Hotch said looking at JJ.

"Yeah, you got it," JJ nodded.

"Nobody saw anyone leave the umbrella?" Gideon asked Casey.

"No. But, you know, from the style it looks like a..." Casey was explaining when his voice trailed off. Or at least I stopped listening as I followed Gideon closer to the bus. I looked a bit closer at one of the steps, it had a bloody shoe print with the number 18. I headed back to the group to tell them what I saw when I heard Hotch speaking.

"He used a remote from the corner. Did he want to be close enough to see what happened? Or did he need to be mechanical?" Hotch asked.

"Wait what remote?" I whispered to Reid who was standing next to me.

"The bomb was controlled by a remote but it must've had limited frequency so the bomber couldn't have gone that far and most probably saw the bomb go off," Spencer explained.