Chapter 13 - The Prom

"You look beautiful."

I turn to see Hamish standing behind me in a tuxedo.

"Thanks," I laugh.

"No really you do!"

"Ok." I smile, "So shall we walk, it's not that far and we have time to take pho-"

He kisses me and I slap him.

"Ouch!" He calls out. "What was that for?"

"You can't just kiss me."

"I thought-"

"Just because I said I'd go to prom with you doesn't mean I want to get with you."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's fine." I laugh.

There's a flash and I turn to see mom sticking her head out of the window taking pictures of us.

"Shit, run!" I say.

"What?"

"Just run."

I grab Hamish and pull him along.

...

We get to the school and I brush the shoulders of Hamish.

"Ready?" He says.

"Yeah, ok."

"Are you ok, you seem a bit on edge?"

"I'm fine, I'm just fine."

He places his arm on my back and leads me in. I look in the mirror at us as we walk in, admiring the beautiful purple dress that mom spent nearly all the money she made from jewelry on.

The school hall is lit up with fairy lights and glitter balls

Sadie runs up to me and hugs me.

"You look amazing!" she yells, over the loud music.

"Thank you, so do you." Her scarlet shoulder dress looks wonderful and matches her red matte lips.

Jason runs up to us.

"Hey Mollie, hey err-" he awkwardly looks at Hamish, obviously not knowing who he is.

"Hamish."

"Of course!" Jason says.

I roll my eyes and Sadie lightly hits me.

The dance goes on and we all eat way too many chips. A few people leave and the music gets quieter. I sit on one of the tables with Hamish creating a stack of chocolate fingers with him. Sadie and Jason run from the dance floor. Sadie collapses on the chair next to me, the sensation knocking over the chocolate fingers. Hamish cries out like he's been wounded in battle. Sadie and I exchange looks and burst out laughing.

There's a beep on my phone and I check the notification, Instagram opens up and I see it.

"Sadie!" I cry

"Sadie!" I cry.

"What? What is it?"

"Nathaniel he's going on tour - a world tour! He needs an assistant"

"Mollie this is insane!" Yells Sadie.

"I'm gonna travel the world!"

Another message comes through.

"When will you leave?" she asks.

I look up from my phone, "Tomorrow."