chapter ten

DECIDING THEY HAD BEEN GONE LONG ENOUGH, TEDDY AND ALEX WALKED BACK TOWARDS THE MANSION

DECIDING THEY HAD BEEN GONE LONG ENOUGH, TEDDY AND ALEX WALKED BACK TOWARDS THE MANSION. The walk was silent, but it was comfortable. No words needed to be spoken between them. They soon reached Charles and Erik, who were waiting for them. More Teddy, but since Alex was there too, he was sort of included.

Charles smiled as they approached. "You made it, good," He said, taking Teddy away from his friend's side. Charles then handed him off to Erik, for reasons Teddy was not sure of.

Alex sat down on a nearby bench, ready to watch the show.

"Now, Teddy, to master your mutation-" Charles cut himself off, as if just now remembering that Teddy was not a mutant, but a demigod.

"Ability," Teddy offered.

"Ability, yes."

Teddy crossed his arms. "I don't need to master it. I already did," He stated. "I've been training my entire life."

Charles gave him a half smile. "I understand that," He said calmly. "But there is always room to improve."

The young demigod gave him a bored look. As tempted as he was, he decided not to use his charmspeak to get out of whatever exercise the telepath came up with. Instead he sighed, and lazily gestures for the man to get on with it.

Charles beamed at him, glad he was strong on board. He started explaining his idea. "Today we're going to work on your ability to manipulate emotions-" He started, only for Alex to cut him off.

"You can manipulate emotions?!"

Teddy barely glanced at him as he nodded. Then he waited for Charles to continue.

"How about you try on someone here?" The telepath suggested, gesturing loosely at Alex and Erik, who both looking equally as shocked with the news as Teddy did.

"What?" The three of them asked in sync.

"Come on, don't be scared," Charles encouraged.

Teddy glanced at the looks on the other two men's faces, and shrugged. It was worth a shot. Besides, what else did he have to do? Teddy closed his eyes for a moment. It had been a while since he last used this ability. He tried to tap back into it.

He was sure Charles was expecting him to use his power on Alex or Erik, but they were not the ones making him do this exercise. He concentrated on the emotions he felt around him, grasping for the one from the person he wished to test. He located what he wanted and open his eyes, focusing.

Charles' expression went from excited smile to worried. He glanced around as if paranoid, as if they were being watched.

Erik frowned as he looked at his friend. "Charles, nothing happened," He stated, an eyebrow raised at the odd behaviour.

Teddy smirked. "I wouldn't be so sure about that," He stated confidentially. He crossed his arms as he watched the telepath fret over seemingly nothing.

Charles glance back and offered a level glare at the young demigod. "I-I know what you're doing," He said sharply with an undertone of the emotions he had, unable to grasp his head around why he was feeling how he was feeling. He could feel the alteration of his emotions, and he did not like that. He was normally the one to get inside people's heads. Stop, he said to Teddy telepathically.

With a sigh, Teddy did. Immediately, Charles felt better, but on edge. He straightened himself out. "Right, well, I think that's enough for today," He said calmly.

Teddy shrugged. That was what he wanted, was it not? He started walking back towards the mansion, Alex at his side. He could hear the muttering and fading voices of the two men behind him. He did not bother to listen in. Their relationship was their own business.

Teddy and Alex were lounging inside with the others, watching a movie that was on TV, when Charles and Erik walked in. They announced that they were heading out for a bit, and to behave themselves (when don't they?)

Teddy waved them off. "I'm always well behaved, for your information," He said. "But whatever, have fun on your date." He thought nothing of his words as he kept his eyes trained on the television. He missed the way people shot him a look, or people's faces heated up.

The adults left, leaving the younger (reckless) mutants - and Teddy - to have the entire place to themselves.

So, the group got to talking. Getting over Darwin's death and Angel's betrayal was not easy, but at least now Teddy decided to open about about being a demigod. It was awkward, at first, and then he got the questions.

a/n
yeah i hate the dialogue in this story ugh. but on the bright side, i at least finished this chapter (even though its fucking short)

anyway prepare to probably wait between two weeks and another few months for the next chapter :P