Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen- Finding Out

COLBY POV

Lying in bed, I place my arm over my eyes. What did I just do? Why did I do that. Suddenly I start to cry. I just ruined any chance that I had with the love of my life. I finally found the one. The girl who doesn't just love me but my daughter. Feeling my phone vibrate, I see the picture that comes up. It is a picture of us. Me and my girl. Hanging up. I sigh. I miss her.

Leaving my room, I walk into the living room to see Archer with his head in his hands. "is everything okay, bro?"

"No. I am so sorry. If you want to be with Marney that's okay with me. I was selfish to keep you from her. So, go for it."

"Really? Are you sure?" Nodding, he gestures to the stairs. Running upstairs, I grab my phone and call her number. But it rings out. No! I've really lost her this time. I should have answered. Now she wont answer.

When I walk downstairs, mum walks into the house crying, "boys, boys come here. It is very important."

Looking at each other we go up to her. "Is everything okay?" shaking her head she grabs Archers hand and strokes my cheek.

"I just got off the phone with Marney's mum. Marney was in a car accident. It was a bad accident, and she is currently in a coma. Do you guys want to go see her?"

Grabbing my keys, I say "we have to go now." My mum grabs the keys off of me. "Mum what are you doing? We have to now."

"I will drive. You boys aren't in the right frame of mind." On the drive I think about our fight. "I love you and your daughter." "goodbye Marney." God why couldn't I have said 'I love you too'. I do love her. I'm such an idiot, I may never see her again and she could die without knowing how I feel about her. "Mum? How did it happen?"

Frowning she whispers, "the taxi she was in ran a red light. It crashed into another car." Why didn't I give her a ride home? I just slammed the door in her face.

When we get to the hospital, they tell us she is currently in surgery and that we can't see her.