Chapter One

Chapter One- Back and Better than Ever

I have not been back in my childhood town in over five years. Since I was 12. I left this town on a bad note. I had just lost my best friend, who use to give me cuddles and play with my hair when I was sad. The boy who would encourage me to play AFL when I did not even understand what was going on. He ended our friendship to be popular and although he said some bad things to me, I hope he is happy with his choice. Because he is the one who missed out. His actions led to this. Not mine. Although I hope he is happy with his choice I hope he sees me and regrets it. Because, no one could ever be a truer friend than me.

I hate the fact that my mother made me come back here, but considering, the only reason that we are back is because my grandmother died, leaving us the house and that Tim is no longer a part of our lives, I can't really blame her. As much as I do not want to be here, I cannot wait to see all my friends faces again.

As our car pulls up to my late grandmother's house, I sigh. My mother starts to sob. "I shouldn't have left. The last time I was here was the last time we saw her. I am the worst daughter in the world.

"Oh, mum. It's going to be okay, mum. It will be. I promise. We will be okay," I try to comfort with a kind smile. The house was a beautifully small house with navy blue shutters on all the windows, and a beautiful brown door, and a large yard. When mum parks the car, we grab all our stuff out of the car boot, and we decide to look around, when I enter the house, I fell in love. The house was small, but it was beautiful, enough for just the two of us and the best part was that it had a library. After I unpack, I sigh and fall onto my bed. Pushing my hands over my eyes I try to relax. Tomorrow, I will have to start my second last year at my brand-new high school.

I am now confident and have lost all of my baby fat. I no longer have braces or pimples. I am ready for the first day as school.

As the brand-new me.