Well That Happened// Charles's POV

I wake up. Henry's fast asleep in my arms. I feel my heart flutter. I nuzzle my head against his. I'm in love with a kleptomaniac. I couldn't shake what his nightmare was about. All I knew it was something about me and it shook him up pretty badly.
What could I have done that was so bad? He said I didn't hurt him or anything so that's ruled out. Then what did I do? I guess I'd just have to wait for Henry to tell me. 

I heard a yawn and felt a shift, Henry was waking up. 

"Morning, sleepyhead," I said.

He was startled.

I giggled, "Sorry buddy. Did you sleep well?"

"I slept fine-"

I think he calculated where he was; my arms. 

"Oh, I'm sorry-"

"It's really fine, Henry," I smiled.

"You sure?" He asked.

"You're fine. Now, what do you want for breakfast?" I asked.

"Pancakes?" he said.

"That's something I can do for you," I smiled.

I got up, not realizing I still had my headset on. Eh, it's the only way anyone recgonizes me at this point. 
I grabbed the ingredients, humming a small tune while doing so. I cracked my eggs into the bowl and began whisking it in with every other ingredient. I looked over the counter at Henry; I wish I could tell you what was going on in his head.
I shook my head and got back to work. 

"How many pancakes do you want?" I asked.

"Two," Henry said.

"Two pancakes comin' right up!" I smiled.

I greased my frying pan, turned the burner on, and waited for a hot second. Then I poured a small bit on the batter into the pan. 

"These are gonna be a bit uneven, okay?" I said.

"That's fine," he said.

I flipped the pancake over. Nice, sweet, and not burnt. I let the second side cook for about two minutes before making another. I poured another ladel full of batter into the pan. 

"Okay, maybe that was a little too much," I mumbled to myself.

Well, I guess I'll work with this anyway. I let the first side cook for three minutes before flipping it. The first side cooked! Now for the second. Let's hope this on turns out alright.
I plopped both almost perfectly cooked pancakes on a plate.

"Food's ready!" I smiled.

Henry got up and walked over to the table. 

"Here, have some syrup and butter," I said, giving said items to him.

"Thanks Charles," he said.

I sat down as he dug into his food. How does he manage to be adorable in everything he does? I wish he would leave the toppats. He does look better without the top hat. 

"Are you gonna eat?" he asked.

"I'm not hungry, but you can have as many as you want!" I smiled.

Henry looked over at the clock, "As much as I hate to say this, I have to leave soon."

"Oh, that's right," I sighed.

"I will come back to visit though!" he said, trying to cheer me up.

"What if you don't? What if you get but in prision?" I snapped.

"Woah, Charles, no need to do that," he said.

"There is! I don't want you to be behind bars for the rest of your life!" I explained.

"So what if I'm behind bars? You can still visit me," he said.

"That's not the point I'm trying to make," I said.

"Then what is your point? Because I'd sure love to hear it," he said.

"I don't want you to be in prision for the rest of your life!" I said.

"As long as that clan is able to thrive, that is the least of my worries," Henry said.

"Again, not my exact point," I said.

"Then make your goddamn point!" he yelled.

I grabbed his hand, "Because you should be spending the rest of your life with me, instead on being behind bars."