Chapter 35 - Try

(Flashback)

Minsung laid on Hansol's couch during the break as if he lives in his office. These kids are getting to comfortable.

"This is a school. You're supposed to be studying." He tried scolding him, so he would be reminded that he's a teacher, and not just some older friend that he can constantly hang out with.

"Is that right?" Minsung asked followed by a chuckle.

Hansol rolled his eyes and proceeds to type some paper works. "A student studies. That's how it works. People has their own place and their own role to this fucking society." He said in frustration, while trying to finish his paper works.

Minsung nods and sat up. Finally, he's up.

"A student should study." The kid repeated. "A teacher should teach." He added making Hansol feel like the kid is trying to insult him, hearing the title of a teacher.

"A baker should bake. A wedding planner must plan a wedding. A nurse should help patients. A doctor should treat patients. A police must catch the bad guys and maintain order and peace." He paused and stared into blank.

"I don't want to be just a student who studies." He told Hansol who finally saved his document without finishing it to look at his student.

He tried his best to read him. He believed that he's so much similar to this kid. Misunderstood, lots of dreams but couldn't do good in studying. Loves to just go out at night with friends to feel like he's not all alone.

"I want to be a responsible grandchild for my grandparents. I want to be a good friend to my friends." He continues. "But the more I try, the more it gets harder. What's wrong with me? Why is it so hard for me to be a descent human being? I want to be there when things are better. I want to be there to say that the hard times are now over." He finished with a smile, making sure he doesn't look like he's troubled.

Hansol shook his head and chuckled at him. "You're a good kid Minsung. Nothing is wrong with you. This world is wrong for you. The more you care, the more you might get disappointed with yourself." Hansol sat beside him, ruffling his hair. "Get some if you ever need to talk to someone, I know a place. I went there when my parents died. I did a lot of mistakes in life and my guidance counselor suggested me the place. I never thought it worked even after I got better, but looking back now, I think there should be a place for you to bee on the weekends or even when you're friends are not around. Getting it out of your system is always better than keeping your thoughts to yourself." Hansol gave him a brochure of a support group.

Minsung laughed at it. "You're silly hyung!" He said and kept laughing. His smile is so sweet. Hansol wished he can see Minsung like this everyday.

"It's Christmas vacation now. You should try it. It'll be a life changing experience. When you get back, you'd be a changed person. Trust me." Hansol tried to encourage him. He knew that something's been up. The kid barely eats with his friends anymore. He just stays here to sleep and ignore the world. He's been loosing weight. He looks tired and he doesn't talk as much anymore.

"If I don't make it, I'm truly sorry." Minsung stopped laughing and looked Hansol in the eyes.

"No need to be sorry. Just try to be there. Listen to other kids talk. You'll be surprised." Hansol told him and missed the sign. Minsung wasn't talking about the support group. He's talking about not being able to continue anymore.

"You're a great kid Minsung. Yuta even mentions you non-stop. He keeps saying he wished he's your real father. He wishes to be related to you. That's how likable you are. You're desirable without trying. Cut yourself some slack." Hansol told him, then gave him food since he looks like he's lost a lot of weight.