Chapter 18 - Escape

Jay hurried his way out of the house and went straight at Ten's art gallery. Surprisingly, Jungwon's there sitting across Ten and Taeyong. He looks concerned.

If he confiding with Ten and Taeyong?

Is there something bothering his mind?

Jay automatically caught their attention upon arrival. First thing they focused on was his duffle bag. They stared at him in horror afterwards. Did he just runaway?

"Don't worry, I'll get a job eventually. I'll ask Kei hyung if he can suggest one. I'll make sure I wont be a burden." He said throwing his things on the floor to join them.

"So, what's up duck?" Ten asked him, trying to ask casually, not showing that he's worried or make a big deal out of anything, or Jay might get uncomfortable decide not open up to them.

Jay gave Ten a hug, "You were right about the tattoo. It really revealed the truth." He whispered, making Ten pull away and look him in the eyes. He can already tell what happened, judging by Jay's swollen eyes.

He didn't want to talk about it for now. Just like procrastinating on a homework, he wanted to set it aside for now. He didn't want to feel anything for a while. He didn't want to think about anything.

All this time he was convinced that he was the real Park among the two of them, but it turns out it was Sunghoon who was the real son of Park Jae and Sungyeon. He was just someone they had to take care of.

"You ok?" He asked the kid, rubbing his back to comfort him. Jay held back his tears and forced a smile, though he couldn't stop his tears from building up. "All good." He forced a chuckle. "A little surprised." He nodded, finally flashing a smile.

Jungwon can tell how much he's hiding by simply looking at his eyes. Damn Lee Minsung for teaching him to be observant. He feels like he has a skill in the wizarding world called occlumency, the skill to read minds and block everybody from reading your mind.

There is no right or wrong thing to do at this situation. It depends on the person you're going to comfort. Does he want to hear comfort, or wants silence?

"All good? Are you sure?" Taeyong asked Jay staring at his swollen eyes, that's when he started tearing up silently, lowering his head and putting on his bucket hat to cover up his face. Ten and Taeyong rubbed his back without saying anything, also trying to process everything.

They couldn't believe that he survived the car crash, or was he even at the car crash? Did the Parks try to hide him?

It was hard to tell what happened. Ten and Taeyong had to discuss, so they asked Jungwon to take Jay out to buy some ingredients before they cook dinner.

When Jay settled down a little bit, Jungwon then invited Jay to buy some vegetables with him for dinner to set off his mind to something else. While buying some vegetables, Jungwon succeeds to distract Jay for a while. They were currently looking for spring onion.

Since it was already late, it's hard to find a lot of things anymore. When Jungwon finally spotted one last spring onion on one stall, he ran towards it as if his life depended on it. He even had to jump over a table as a shortcut. Sadly he wasn't quick enough.

A woman grabbed it, and purchased. To his disappoinment, Jungwoo sulked. He was so cute with his frowned face and the way his cheeks were accentuate as he clenched his jaw.

Jay thought he was so cute.

In the end, the two of them accepted their defeat and just decided to go back to Ten's art gallery and just tell them what really happened. That the market ran out of spring onions.