Chapter 7 - Pure Blood

Jay ran as fast as he could. Now all he has to pass through was the gates. Once again he waited for a car so he could pass through without a problem, but it was taking too long. The barriers to their community were tall bushes that are purposely forced to serve as a tall wall and was imposible to climb.

He knew he had to think quick before his parents notice he's gone.

Jay fell blank after thinking about it. He recalled that night at the birthday party. Nobody noticed he was missing. He smirked to himself, joking that he has the power to be invisible once again.

He sat on a bench and saw his parents' car driving out. That's right, they're now going to fetch Sunghoon from his rehearsal to his academy.

Jay saw the chance and took it. He went to the main power source of the community and went to where they hide the main electrical fuse. He turned off the electricity at the guard house, then lined his hair like Sunghoon's.

He proceeds to the guard house where guards struggle to see from the darkness. Lucky for him, he spent so much time lurking in the shadows earlier that his eyes adjusted to the darkness. He was about to walk wast them when a guard turned on an old emergency light.

What a pity, considering the maintenance fee in this place cost so much.

"Who are you?" They asked as soon as they saw him. The emergency light were nearly orange and weak. It even blinked for a second.

It was so perfect. It was like he's destined to sneak out tonight.

"Park Sunghoon, my parents left me." Jay tried hard not to laugh. "They texted me and asked me to hurry up before I get late for my lessons." He tried to mimic Sunghoon's voice.

"Lessons! Let's let him through. Education is important." One guard tried to convince the others.

And so they did.

Jay's now free for the night. The thing about getting away with lying so many times is, you start to think you'll never get caught. Especially from a person like Jay who used to be honest for being a problematic child. Now that he's doing it secretly made him feel like he's revolting.

He made his way to the unsafe building as fast as he can possibly do.

As usual, after entering the first door, people are divided in their own little groups, either practicing a dance routine, or waiting for someone.

"Oh, you showed up. Yeji's not in charge of the door tonight, she'll be in the ER." Yuna said on a bored tone, walking past Jay. Following her are Ryujin, and Chaeryeong, eyeing him from head to toe.

"Rich kid is here."

"I bet he's a school spy."

"We should snatch his wallet and get his money."

"Did he happened to get here with his father's limousine?"

People whispered.

Jay was discouraged to stay. He felt judged. He thought this place was supposed to be a place where all these people gather as equal, why are they giving him nasty grins and kept on whispering nasty things.

"Jay!" Jeno waved. He's with more friends now. Jaemin, Renjun, Chenle, Haechan, and Jisung. A bunch of seniors. "What are you waiting for? Come here."

As soon as Jeno asked him to come over and join them, people stopped talking, and just watched him join Jeno's group in shock. Are they close?

"I knew you'd come around. Did you come here because you realized the 'foreign swaggers' are cool?" Jeno asked but Jay looked lost. He has no idea what he's talking about, and Jeno saw that.