Chapter 47 - A Family

With no one to talk to and nowhere to go, Ni-ki found himself walking around without any direction. He stopped at the bridge where Minsung jumped amd stared underneath him. Without Minsung and Jay, he felt kinda empty. There's no one to talk to about his late night thoughts.

Not everybody would take his questions seriously but those two only.

"What are you doing here?" Someone behind him asked. Ni-ki turned around and saw Heeseung, holding a bunch of groceries. He's probably going to stay alone for a while and doesn't want to be bothered.

"Is something bothering you?" Heeseung asked him. He didn't want to leave because nobody just come to this place and stop for a good reason. They're always here when they're contemplating to do one thing. If they're alone, they succeed.

Heeseung didn't want that to happen to Ni-ki. Not now that justice is finally surfacing this town. Once all those teachers are charged guilty, Minsung will finally have justice.

It's starting to make sense now.

"I kinda miss some people I might not see again." Ni-ki smiled bitterly as he stared at the skies. Heeseung can relate. That's how he feels when Minsung passed away. Recently when Jisung has been taken away from him. Ni-ki's not being too emotional about this and he knew that so well.

There's this feeling you can't get rid of and it the emptiness knowing that you would never see that person on the places where you used to always see him. You can never do the activities you used to do with him. You will never hear his voice again.

"When Jay hyung and I first met, he looked so ridiculous that I almost made fun of him. It's the day after my birthday." Ni-ki started to open up right away. Heeseung's relieved that the kid is comfortable with him. "He's holding a cake. A big one. Then I realized he's all alone celebrating his birthday." He told Heeseung.

It reminded Heeseung of his birthdays that passed where nobody celebrated it with him and nobody cared.

"Then the next time I saw him he followed me on a rooftop. I did notice that someone's watching me, but I didn't know it was a real person. I thought it was Minsung hyung. He took Minsung hyung's place in my life. Now he's gone as well." He sadly told Heeseung. It's clear that Jay's a big part of his life.

He can relate to him because Minsung was a big part of his life as well. Now he's gone and there's no chance even just once that he can meet him again. At least in Ni-ki's case, he might see Jay again one day.

"This is why we should tell people how much they mean to us everyday, because we don't have any idea when they might suddenly leave us." Heeseung spoke. He regrets being cold to Minsung and being harsh to him.

Because now, no matter how much he apologizes or tell him how grateful he is of him, Minsung will never hear it anymore.

"How about we visit him?" Heeseung asked.

Ni-ki agreed right away. The two of them went to the memorial park and stood in front of Minsung's tombstone. They were both silent at first, but then Ni-ki hugged Minsung's tombstone. "Hyung comeback!" He cried.

Heeseung hissed and laugh at how nonsense the kid is. How can he ask a dead person come to life. "Please comeback! At least see me dance once." He pleaded. Heeseung rubbed Ni-ki's back trying to comfort him.

"Why is it that you're still saving me even when you're gone?" He asked.

Ni-ki nodded in agreement. Because deep inside, he felt the same.

The two of them fell asleep there peacefully without any disturbance. They finally found a comfortable place to sleep when their insomnia strikes.

Ni-ki woke up with the sound of footsteps. He's still traumatized from being taken that he hates hearing footsteps. He sat up and noticed Sowon approaching. She's holding roses and candles.