Explanation

Chapter 2: Explanation

Clarys POV.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, was it possible Luke could be alive, after two years of thinking he was dead. Or maybe I was hallucinating. It felt like nobody else besides me was noticing the violent display happening across the street. I know it was New York, people got robbed and mugged all the time, but this was not your usual mugging.

"Do you see that!" I asked in a whisper yell.

"See what?" Izzy asked.

"That man, that looks like my dead step dad puncturing that hideous black and red thing!" I continued to whisper yell.

"I just remembered, I need to make a phone call, do you mind?" Izzy asked, avoiding my question.

"Sure, but do you see that thing!" I continued to ask.

"I really need to make this phone call." She answered. Was I going crazy, seeing things that weren't there? Izzy finished her phone call, it was a short one.

"Come with me please."

"Ok." I answered. We walked to this building, looked like it had been a church at one time, so run down, boards on the windows. We were standing in the courtyard of the old building. Jace came up behind me, he looked happy, but at the same time concerned.

"Hey, didn't think I'd see you so soon." I said jokingly.

"Tell me what you see." Jace said.

"I see a run down church." I responded.

"What did you see at the park?" Jace was being strange, but at least he didn't think I was crazy, yet.

"I saw this man that looked like my dead step dad killing this ugly red and black thing. You still never answered my question; did you see it?" Izzy just looked at Jace, and Jace just looked at Izzy. It was like they were communicating telepathically, even though that didn't exist. At last one of them spoke again.

"No, sorry." Izzy said, there was a lot of sympathy in her voice. Suddenly I saw the old run down church turn into this magnificent castle.

"So I guess I am imagining this castle in front of us too?" I asked. They said nothing again, just stayed silent. Before they could answer, the ground shook, and a shooting star came crashing to the ground. Izzy and Jace just stood there in a frozen-like state. The glowing light that came from the shooting star was forming into a glowing person.

"Clarissa Fairchild, you have been wronged!" The god-like person said, in such a smooth, and pure voice. I had no idea what he was talking about. Maybe he had me mixed up with a different Clarissa.

"I am very sorry for what has happened, I am sorry I was not here. I just got back. Raziel did you wrong, you have my blood as well, so here I am trying to make things right. I can only grant you a clean slate, so you might learn about us once again. Retrieving memories is above my abilities at this point in time, they might come back slowly with time. Since you have been blessed by me, no other angels will harm you from this point on." Everything he was saying made no sense to me.

"Thank you, great Ithuriel!" Jace and Izzy said. Great joy filled their faces. Then he disappeared.

"Can someone explain what just happened here, please?" I asked panicked and curious.

"What you saw was real." Izzy said, which I found weird considering she just said she didn't. Least I wasn't losing my mind, or was I? Suddenly marks like Izzy's, and Jace's started appearing on my arms, and neck. This was really getting freaky.