Worry

Chapter 3: Worry

Izzy's POV.

One of the best days of my life was Alec and Magnus's wedding day. One, because my brother is getting married to the love of his life.

Two, before the wedding Clary asked me to be her parabatai. I had felt the same way about her for a while, just with everything that was going on, I couldn't find the right time. I never thought I needed a parabatai, till Clary came along. Me, and her, we were like sisters, no we were sisters.

One of the worst days of my life, was also one of the best days of my life. During the party after the wedding, Clary tells Jace she is going out for some air, and she doesn't come back. It broke my heart, we had just asked each other to be parabatai hours earlier. Of course it upset everyone, but it broke me, and Jace's hearts especially.

We found out that she had been punished by the angels, for using her own runes. Clary is truly the most selfless person I have ever met, she had a warning about her runes, she sacrificed herself for the world. She used a new rune she came up with to stop Jonathan. Her punishment was to lose her memories of the shadow world, which included us. I was really angry at first, Mom had done way worse things, yet she only got de-runed and exiled.

Jace started checking up on her from time to time, which we all advised against. Not because we didn't care, but because we didn't want to make things worse for her. He didn't listen. Jace went to one of her art shows, at her school, we all think he forgot to glamour himself, but he didn't. Clary followed him, and things went off from there.

I got annoyed when he would not let the rest of us see her, but he said it was for the best at the time. One year later, all of us, except Luke, are having dinner with her. Luke was upset about the situation, but he understood. Luke had married Mom a few months before.

I wanted to have some time with Clary, so we set up a time for the next day. The following morning I instructed Luke to go on mission, I felt like an idiot when Clary saw him. I could have easily avoided that park, but I didn't. I felt bad about lying to her, when she asked me several times about him. I called Jace, he said to bring her by the Institute, he questioned her, she continued to question me.

I was so relieved, and happy when Ithuriel gave us the green light. At first I thought it meant things would go back to the way they used to be, but I was wrong. Least she was back with us again. Later I got a text from Simon, he wanted me to meet him in my room, and said he had a big surprise. I told him to come out to the courtyard. Watching them reunite was so sweet. Simon asked me to follow him back to my room, he was practically pulling me, I didn't mind.

We got to my room, there were rose petals all over the floor, and a violinist. I didn't know how he got him past the front door. Simon got on one knee and proposed. He said

"Isabelle Lilly Lightwood, since the day I met you I have felt attracted to you, your personality, smile, the many times you got me out of trouble. I have always had a thing for you, and this past year that feeling has only grown, will you marry me?"

"Yes, Simon I would love to marry you!" I squealed, and planted a long kiss on him. The violinist played our song, 'Give Your Heart a Break' by Demi Lovato. I loved the violin intro in that song. We danced till our feet hurt, then we had sex. We told everyone the following morning. Clary had an 'that is why you were doing that' moment. I was looking at a picture of her, and Simon, at her apartment. He was so cute in the picture. After that she congratulated us, so did Jace. Alec was still in town briefly since I asked him to watch the Institute for the day, while I was with Clary. Him and Magnus were ecstatic. Simon gave me a ruby ring, it was so gorgeous, I never wanted to take it off, but I had to so I didn't lose it on missions.