Chapter 10

Josie's POV•

I walk through East High's entrance doors and suddenly realize everyone's attention is directed at me.

Well this hasn't happened since the week I met Jake so what is with these people this time?

"Is there something on my face or what?" I say, not directing my question to anyone in particular, as I walk to my locker.

"Nope, but some video of you with Josh is certainly trending." Owen replies from no where, placing his arm across my shoulder.

"When did you get..."

"When you were busy admiring the floor and talking to yourself little one."

Suddenly, he engulfs me in a tight bear hug.

"Let go of me already Owen." I say, trying to push him off me.

"Good to know my soccer lessons paid off, even though you lost in the end. You should be thanking me you know."

"Bleh bleh bleh..." I say to his face.

"What, are you Dracula now?"

"I do not say bleh bleh bleh." I reply, actually imitating Dracula this time.

Owen chuckles and ruffles my hair, before I push his arm away.

"Leave my hair you troll. Now where are the rest?"

"Haven't seen Jake or Vivian around but Emilia is in the Library and Dylan's with the principal..."

"What?" I ask, interrupting him.

"Calm down, nothing bad happened. Mr Maquil just said he wanted to have a word with him."

"Oh, alright."

I turn around to open my locker but my eyes catch Josh's, who throws a wink at me. I don't think Owen noticed that if not...

"What was that about?" Of course he did, here comes the questions.

"What really happened at the park anyway?" Another question asked.

"How'd the whole school get to know?" I ask back, ignoring his two questions.

"Josie, didn't you hear what I said about some video trending? We live in the 21st century. There's something called social media. It's like a platform where people uploa....."

I step on his foot harshly to get him to shut up, I know!"

"Ouch! I was just answering your question. Geez. Now answer mine." He says, bending slightly to dust his shoes.

I roll my eyes before replying, "He shot a ball to my face when I was about to leave the park. I decided to ignore him until he called me Jake's sex toy. Then I..."

"He called you what?! That..."

"Owen, it's fine.. you didn't even let me finish, you should know I won't let him go that easily." I cut him off and try to prevent him from going to pick a fight with that idiot again.

"So, I shot it right back at him straight in the face and that was how the game began. And... " I was contemplating if I should tell him the Jake part. I don't think I want to get him involved. Yeah, no I shouldn't.

"And... " he says, gesturing for me to continue.

"And you probably watched the rest already." I quickly add.

"You wanted to say something." He says suspiciously.
"And I just did, you probably watched the already. That's all." I say with a shrug.

Luckily, the first bell rings, saving me from any further interrogation.