Chapter 5

Josie's POV

"You've been a bad girl Josie. I'm sure you know what that means."
The demon said to me, as he smiled deceitfully.

I stood in front of him crying my eyes out. I had mistakenly broken a plate and hid the pieces because I knew he'd kill me if he found out, but sadly he still found out.

His punishments were always terrible, leaving me with a scar each time. When will I be free from this monster!?

"Strip, now."
His voice sent shivers through my whole body. This wasn't the first time he made me do something like this but I hope it'll be the last.

I still stood there, sobbing and begging him with my eyes but this demon had no iota of pity in him.

"Did you not hear me? Do you want to do this the hard way Josephine!" He roared at me with his eyes looking so devilish.

I shook my head saying no and started taking off my long dress. I had always worn clothes that could cover my whole body, leaving no part of my skin exposed, just to avoid his lustful eyes.

He began to smile as I was only left in my underwear. I cried more and more, feeling like a prostitute exposing herself for money.

"Take off the underwear," he said.
I placed my hands at the tip of my underwear and was about to pull it off.

"Stop," the demon spoke.
I looked up at his terrible monstrous face with a hideous scar across his left eye.

"You have a terrible looking body and I can't even bare to see more of it. You disgust me way too much and no one will ever want to even touch you, you are so lucky I'm even willing to take you in." He said, while scanning me shamelessly with his green eyes.

All I could do was stand there in tears with no one to save me from him.

"Put on your dress and get out of my sight. And don't think I'll spare you next time you slut." He spat in my face and walked away.

I broke down there and then, continuing to cry my eyes out.
My head started to hurt so bad like it wanted to explode.

I start to hear a sound that continued to get louder. I kept looking for the source of the noise but there was nothing left around me except my dress.

Suddenly, I see a huge clock coming towards me with so much speed...
And then, we collide.

*ring ring ring*

I wake up sweating profusely and panting, like I had just finished a race.

For once I tap my alarm clock's head lightly, grateful that it saved me from that terrible nightmare—is it even a nightmare since it actually happened?
I feel goosebumps all over, as fear rises in me.

"It was just a dream Josie, he's not anyway near hear." I say to myself, trying to calm down.

*Knock Knock*

My heart beat increases rapidly, as I hear someone banging on my door repeatedly.

"Oh my God! It's him! He's here! He found me! I'm dead!!" I start panicking, not knowing what to do next.

Calm down Josie, don't give in to him so easily. You can stop him this time, yeah, I can. I was younger back then that's why I was so weak.

*Bang bang bang*

He continues to hit my apartment door like he wants to break it down.

I run around looking for something to use as a weapon. Yes, frying pan!