Chapter 11

Sweetpea's P.O.V

It has been two weeks since the incident with my parents and I am scraping up the money for this month because, apparently I have pay this month as well. I'm slightly worried because tomorrow is when I need to send it in and I don't the full amount. I've skipped many days of school to pick up more jobs to get together the money. I don't really mind missing school though because nothing really happens. Also there is Jughead, it's weird we haven't talked at all except for small hello's. I don't really know what happened. He has been acting unusual though, which is worrisome. I don't care at all though, it's just Toni wants to make sure he is ok so I observe.

I am at my house for the night and I'm counting my money to see if I have enough. "Fuck" I swear allowed when I realize I'm short two-hundred dollars. I have to send it in tomorrow so it gets to them in time. I will get the rest of the money for my parents wallets and, pay them back when I get it. I just have to wait till they go to sleep.

Jughead's P.O.V

Two weeks have past since my dad left and I've been struggling with what Archie said to me. Things at school have been fine. Sweetpea and I haven't really talked which I don't really know how to feel about. It is weird Sweetpea has actually been missing a lot of school days, which worries me. Surprisingly I haven't talked to Archie, which I'm glad about but also sad. I know it is weird to be sad but I miss what Archie and I used to have. I wish we could could go back in time and he choose to not be a jackass. I have school tomorrow but I don't really want to go because, my mind is fixated on where my dad could be.

(Next Morning)

(Sweetpea's P.O.V)

I got up early in the morning to avoid my parents and so that I can get to the post office before school. At the post office I mail my envelope and begin my walk to school.

I arrive at school and head to my class. I enter the class late and stride to my seat confidently. As I walk I catch Jughead's eyes and I see that he looks concerned for some reason. I get uncomfortable with the concern he is showing so I break our eye contact right away.

After class I head to my locker to get my things for next class. I notice Jughead coming my way I tense getting awkward, which was odd because I never get uncomfortable. It is probably just due to me coming in late and not wanting talk about it. Jughead stops beside me and just smiles, I wait for him to say something but he just opens his locker. How had I not realized his locker was next to mine. Well this is awkward, I should say something.

"Hey," I say.

"Hi," he says turning towards me.

"Where have you been?"

Shit of course he brought that up.

"It doesn't matter," I state glaring slightly.

I watch him shift uncomfortably before he nods his head and turns back to his locker. I get awkward as the conversation ends, I didn't really want it to end.

"How is your day going?" I ask confidently.

"It's ok, how about yours?" he asks, closing his locker and turning to me once again.

"Fine, why just ok?" I ask curiously.

He looked shocked that I asked him that, he is honestly really cute right now.

"You know, just normal day stuff," says.

"Why was your day just fine?"

"Like you said just normal day stuff," I say accidently showing some of my annoyance at the question.

I admit it was nice that that someone was being genuine when asking but I couldn't help being annoyed after I made it clear I didn't really want to talk about it.

"Sorry I asked, " he says pulling me out of my thoughts.

"It's fine, I shouldn't have gotten upset" I say not wanting him to be upset.

He nods his head, shifting awkwardly. We fall into awkward silence before he speaks up.

"I should get to class," he says.

"Yeah, right you should go" I say a little to quickly.

I watch him walk away. I feel slightly disappointed that the conversation was over. Only because the conversation gave me more information to give to Toni. I don't care at all. I head to my next class before lunch.

(Jughead's P.O.V)

I get out of my second class head to the cafeteria. I talked to Sweetpea this morning and he seemed off. I'm really worried about him but I'm not sure why I care so much. I walk into the cafeteria and see Sweetpea sitting with Toni, Fangs and a bunch of others. I decide I'm going to sit with them so I walk over to the table.

"Can I sit?" I ask, looking at Sweetpea and then Toni.

Toni moves her backpack so I can sit with them.

"How are you Jughead?" she asks me while I sit down.

"I'm good, how are you?" I ask, glancing at Sweetpea who looked confused.

"I'm really good, I am hanging out with Fangs and Sweetpea after school. Do you want to come?" she asks.

I glance towards sweetpea and he meets my gaze nodding slightly so no one would notice. I get a little happier knowing he wanted me to come.

"Yeah sure I'll come, where are you going?" I ask.

"We are heading to Pop's," Fangs says greeting me with a nod.

"Sounds fun!" I respond.

We have lunch and I listen to them talk about random things. I notice they are a very close knitted friend group especially Fangs and sweetpea. I enjoyed watching their interactions with each other and honestly it reminded me of my ex-friend group. I knew they were a lot better though. Throughout lunch Sweetpea kept glancing towards me which I thought was odd but suspected it was due to my response to Toni verses him. After lunch we split off into our different classes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! So, I hope you are enjoying the story so far. If you have any questions or comments feel free to comment them. Have a super fantastic day!! See you in the next chapter.