My Everything

Ansel POV

After the picnic Shai and I decide on a walk through Madison Square Garden. The part that doesn't overlap with her running course.

"What're you thinking about?" I ask. Shailene looks nearly ready to fall over anything in her path because she's to busy lost in her head.

As if on cue, she shrugs. "Flying."

"Flying?"

"Not as in where you sprout wings and turn into a bird, like a plane. I want to go somewhere. You know, before baby comes."

She rubs her tummy.

"Anywhere in mind?" Lets just remember I would do anything, drop everything, to see this girl happy.

Shai pretends to think about this. "Italy." She pauses. "Or anywhere in Europe."

Italy. I hadn't been there yet. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay, we're going to Italy."

She glances at me.

Screaming and shouting surrounds us. "Ansel! Shailene!" Again.

"Let's go home."

"I agree," Shailene nods and grabs my hand taking off at a fast pace.

***

In four days, Shai and I are flying to Milan, Italy.  But for now, the walk exhausted me.

"Night Shai."

I don't get any reply so I shrug it off and walk to our bedroom.

Curled up in bed is Shai, covers pulled up to her nose and she's asleep. I didn't even hear her go to bed.

I change into sweats and a gray shirt and climb in beside her. She stirs a bit. "Ansel?"

I kiss her head. "Goodnight my love."

Her arms snake around my body and I bring her into me.

Her head lies on my shoulder now.

I hear her sigh and before long, thought of Milan and Shailene and everything else evaporate and sleep takes over.