Old Faces

Ansel POV

"Do you need anything from the store while I'm out?" I call to Shailene, who's sitting on the couch with a hand over her stomach protectively and watching a marathon of Gossip Girl. Never thought of her as the type to watch the show but okay.

She quick glances towards me and stands. She's been pregnant for two weeks and she's already over it.

"Some herbal tea would be nice, thank you Ansel." She kisses me softly.

"I love you, I'll be back soon."

I jog down the front steps of the apartment into the bustling streets. It's louder than usual but I'm okay with that, less chance I'll get caught out here by fans.

I arrive at our corner store and by a bag of herbal tea as requested by Shailene, organic food, and anything that'll top up our food supply as long as it meets both mine and Shai's standards.

"Thank you," I say to the clerk as I pick up my bag of goodies and exit the store.

"Ansel?"

I turn and see a girl with closely cropped blonde hair. She looks familiar but I don't actually recognize her. She clings tightly to her boyfriends arm, the boyfriend looks pained to be dragged through the streets of Brooklyn, like he can do himself. Which he probably can.

I give the girl a quesrioning look.

The girl pouts. "You don't remember me? Come on we went to school together?"

I went to school with a lot of people. LaGuardia was a huge school.

"Christine? We lived next door? Took drama together? Any bells ringing yet?"

I shake my head. "Look sorry Christine, I'm sure what you said was all true but I really need to get back to my girlfriend," I hold up the bag, "she gets worried if I'm gone to long."

Christine glances at the bag. "Oh yeah, how silly of me to forget, how is Violetta? We lost contact after I graduated and she had two years left."

I gulp. "Oh."

"What? Violetta is still your girlfriend right?"

I shake my head again. "No actually. Shailene Woodley is."

Realization settles over her face. "Of course. I heard about that, just didn't believe any of it."

I notice the boyfriend has gone walk about, and Christine notices.

She curses under her breath. "Fuck. Luke."

She runs down the street searching over heads of others. I walk back to my apartment.

"Ansel!" Her voice is nearly inaudible. A bare whisper.

I turn and wish I didn't. I see my girlfriend, my wife, held at gunpoint. I swallow. And its Luke at the trigger.
Shailene POV
Minutes earlier

I watch the last episode of season three Gossip Girl when I hear a creak of the front door.

I freeze.

"Hello? Ansel?" I call out.

When I get no reply I mute the TV, switch off the lights and drop behind the couch.

The door opens and I suck in my breath as a pair of mens boots walk past the edge of my hiding place.

They walk round the edge... and find me.

At this point I'm scared out of my mind.

"W-What do you want?" I stutter.

"You don't remember me Shailene?" the voice is hurt. Manly, but hurt.

I devise a plan. "Shailene? You must have the wrong girl. I'm Jenny."

"Oh yeah?" I feel a gun pressed to my head. "Then why do you look like Shailene Woodley?"

"B-because, I'm her twin sister. Shailene doesn't like to mention me."

Before I can tell if he believes the story, the door opens again.

"Ansel!" I whisper.

He turns around and his eyes widen.

"Sha," I mouth Jenny, "Jenny, are you alright?"

Ansel slowly takes steps towards the kitchen counter. I watch as he reaches for a knife.

He runs and presses the knife to the guys back and the guy tenses.

"Get out, you're not welcome here," Ansel says sharply.

The guy runs before I get a good look at his face.

I leap into Ansel's arms.

"Jenny? Really?"
Hey guys. Whats up? I tried to write a long(ish) chapter to make up for my not updating in like three weeks. Camping kinda stopped me from writing anything. So sorry about that. Thank you for sticking with me though, you guys are my inspiration for every update. And whats up with that Luke dude? Holding a gun to Shailene? Don't worry. You can say goodbye to him. I hated writing him in.