Chapter Twelve

We left the restaurant, heading to his house. I didn't hang on as tight to Mark on the ride there, my body was sort of numb at the moment. I can't believe I finally had the courage to stand up to those two.

After all the years of abuse I suffered, what a difference it made having Mark right there at my side, giving me the strength and courage to do what needed to be done.

To free myself and my wolf finally. My wolf was content, and you could feel the pride coming from her, she knew it wasn't over yet between us and those men, but for now a small victory was everything.

"Love, are you okay?" Mark asked. I looked around and realized we were at his place, I didn't mean to miss that ride, but being lost in my own head can do that to a person.

"I'm good actually, sorry was lost in my thoughts there for a bit" I said to him smiling as I got off his bike. Mark looked at me for a moment and I knew he was sensing my words for lies but didn't find any.

Taking my hand, we walked to his front door, the front of his home was beautiful. Lawn was landscaped with flower gardens throughout the place. The front had a few bay windows that had roses climbing all around them intermixed with English Ivy.

The porch was a wrap around with a few porch swings and rocking chairs around it. A few smaller throw outdoor rugs that made it feel like you stepped back in time to an old fashion porch.

Lanterns were placed around also, giving it a nice soft glow at night, was looking forward to seeing this place at night, I bet how the lamps were placed it came alive.

"Welcome home love" he said as he kissed my hand and opened the front door and had me walk in first. He wanted to see my reaction when I first entered. And let me tell you, first impressions were always the best, and holy shit you felt like you walked back in time.

It was an old fashion farmhouse feeling. You instantly felt right at home, and the peace deep inside your soul was felt. Walking in, you could see benches lined the wall, flowers in vases and potted plants everywhere. 

Mark took my hand and lead me to the kitchen, and my mouth fell open. It had a huge island in the middle that had its own sink and built-in stovetop to it, counters and cupboards were everywhere, with a desk tucked into it. The fridge was one you could see into.

Those still always amazed me, two built in ovens in the one wall. This was huge, you could fit an army and feed them all at the same time in here. Windows everywhere with beautiful lacy type curtains that would gently blow in a breeze.

You swore a woman decorated this place, I don't know if I was ready to ask that question, "my mom decorated this house when my dad built it for her, I just haven't had the heart to change anything yet in it, I was going to let my wife decide what she wanted to keep and to change" Mark said quietly.

"Your mother had wonderful taste in decorating, from what I've seen its breathtaking" I told him smiling as I took the kitchen in, I was already in love with it and wouldn't want to change a thing in here.

Mark smiled with pride, you could tell he loved his mom and wanted to honor her memory with leaving her work as is. We continued the tour of his home, the main floor had a full-size bathroom and a library that I could see myself spending every waking moment in, with a fireplace and couches that were huge.

A dining room along with a small room that had windows from floor to ceiling and every plant was in there, it was your own tropical getaway with seats tucked away amongst the plants.

We went upstairs and it held three bedrooms, and office and two full bathrooms up here. The master bedroom had its own bathroom that was huge, included a full-size walk-in shower that was all stone, no doors to it.

A full-size garden tub that had jets included. That bad boy could fit four people that's how big it was. But looking at the size Mark was, you would need a large tub to be comfortable in. 

I turned and looked at him, "this place is absolutely amazing love" I said looking at him, I could see the pride in his eyes at seeing how I was falling in love with it. He walked up to me and took my face in his hands.

"I want you to feel home baby, because once we get married and are mated this is your home, where we will raise our babies and have memories of love, and laughter.

To enjoy get togethers with our pack, you are Luna and my wife, I want you to feel content and safe here" he said as he bent down and kissed me. Wrapping my arms around him I leaned into him, into the kiss that I hoped conveyed all my emotions into it.

I wanted him to know how much I was falling for him, my wolf and I wanted every part of him, to help him run the pack and be parents and lovers and best friends. I think what every girl probably dreams of, that was denied to her growing up.

Mark took me downstairs and took me into the kitchen, "have a seat baby, I'm going to cook your dinner tonight" he said. I sat down a bit shocked but tried to not show it, but the look he gave me, I couldn't help but snicker.

"I'm sorry love, I am not used to a guy saying he will cook me dinner" I told him, "It's okay you will be sorry for that remark" he said while laughing, and then he winked at me.

We spent the next few hours laughing and talking about everything under the sun, while he cooked, and we ate at the island. It was a perfect evening so far; the food was great.

He cooked steak, roasted potatoes, seared asparagus, with hollandaise sauce for the asparagus. He made iced tea with lemon; I was truly amazed this man knew how to cook and everything he made was full of flavors. 

One thing that stuck with me and part of me was jealous about that his mom taught him how to cook, he has such fawn memories that I found myself wishing I had those.

But I was happy he had them, and I always vowed when I had my kids, I would be the best mom I could be, I would make sure they were loved and cherished, and they would grow up to have wonderful memories of us together.

After dinner, I helped him clean up and we ended up with more water on us then in the sink, it was fun just goofing around and splashing here and there while washing the dishes.

Nothing was serious tonight; Mark was making sure I was relaxed and felt safe all the way around. I honestly felt that I knew with Mark I was safe, safe from my old pack, safe from the nightmares that would haunt me at night, and he also made me feel loved.

To me that was important, since I never knew what love was for how it was supposed to feel, Mark and even Devon made sure I knew what it felt like and how it will always be like that for me, no matter what.