17. Pass the Message

Start from the beginning

"Shut up, bastards!"

Lucy let out a sigh, her gaze moving to the couple next to her.

"Sorry, Gray-sama! But Juvia won't hold back!"

"Me neither! I won't lose to you!"

Juvia tilted her head, staring at him innocently. "Heh... would you like Juvia to punish you if you lose?"

And Gray's face burned just like that. Lucy's jaw dropped. Juvia's getting bolder as the days passed by...

"Gajeel, I'll buy you a lot of iron later!"

"Gihee! That won't work on me, Shrimp!" Gajeel smirked, but Levy only smiled sweetly before beckoning him to lean closer.

"How about a kiss?" she whispered, which didn't slip to Lucy's ear.

And Gajeel corrupted Levy-chan's mind...

She glanced at the tables nearby when she heard a loud gasp. It came from Wendy who's blushing madly while staring at her plate of food.

And they would soon corrupt Wendy's innocence, too!!

"Kick Erza's ass, Lucy! Fufufu~" Happy's evil voice made her flinch, and Erza's glare froze her on her feet. A tick mark appeared on Titania's head but thankfully, she didn't say anything.

"W-Why meee?!"

"I'll do it for you, Luce!" Natsu appeared in front of her, face was too close and with that dumb smirk of his. Lucy sighed in exasperation and pushed his face away with a little blush on her cheeks. The game wasn't starting yet, but she already felt so tired.

"Please don't..." You'll just get yourself injured.

"Alright! Listen!" Mirajane stood in front of the stage, smiling sweetly at them. "I'll tell you the mechanics so listen carefully. It's quite obvious from the name of the game, Pass the Message. To make it easier, instead of tongue twisters, a riddle will be shown to the last person of your line. If they already knew the answer, then they can pass the exact answer to their teammate by whispering, until the message reached the person here in front."

Mira scanned the players' determined faces.

"The front players of the two teams need to compete on who will press the buzzer first and get the point. After the round, the players in front will go to the back and be the next riddle receiver. Questions?"

Warren raised his hand. "What if the person in the back didn't know the answer?"

"Then they have to pass the exact riddle and let his teammate answer it. Simple."

Laki butted in. "But what if even his teammates didn't know?"

Mira giggled. "Don't worry. I've prepared basic riddles. I'm sure you can answer it."

"I doubt Flame Brain can answer it," Gray murmured.

"What did you say, Icepop?!"

"Huuuh?! Are you--"

"Fighting, eh?" Those two words from Titania were enough to shut them up.

Mira clapped her hands once. "So, I'll give you two minutes to make some strategies and a Team name!"

The two groups huddled and started talking about strategies, except that in Lucy's group, Natsu was whining.

"Why do we have to make strategies?! We just have to pass the message, right?!"

"Tch. Just shut up," Evergreen said before rolling her eyes.

"This game is about critical thinking and speed," Cana said.