─ jungri ♡

ꕤ JUST ONE DAY ꕤ

"another hangout? didn't we have one just a week ago?"

yeri groaned as wendy told her the upcoming group date they'll have this weekend. the two were classmates for this particular class and since their professor still wasn't here, wendy took the vacant seat beside yeri to tell her their plans since her seatmate is still nowhere to be found.

yeri was happy that her friends still included her with their group dates since every one of them is friends with one another but she often feels bad that their partners feel left out since the girls would stay with yeri instead.

"it would be our farewell party for my baby..." wendy replied with a frown, "he'll be leaving for los angeles next wednesday." she added.

yeri was caught off guard at her response, she didn't expect mark would already leave next week and it made her feel sad for her best friend, "fine fine! i'll go!" yeri said in defeat, "but you should spend time with him this time, stop clinging onto me on every group date, okay?"

"but i don't want you to feel left out." wendy replied, "and besides, mark understands the situation."

yeri sighs at her best friend, she didn't want her to regret not spending enough time with her boyfriend before he leaves but how else can she escape this situation?

yeri hums as she thinks of a solution as the classroom door suddenly opened which took everyone's attention and there stood yeri's seatmate, jungkook.

"okay, that's my cue to go back to my seat." wendy mumbled under her breath as she stood from her seat, "see you on saturday after, ri." she added as she waves off yeri before going to her seat upfront.

as her seatmate took the seat beside her, an idea came into her mind, "wait, wendy! what if i'll find a date on saturday? would that be fine?" yeri asked in a loud tone, practically yelling inside the room.

"what?" wendy asked in shock, "who would you even ask out to? it's fine, yeri, i swear-" wendy wasn't able to finish her sentence when yeri held jungkook's hand and raises it up.

"jungkook!"

"it's still a no." jungkook replied as he walked out of the classroom with yeri trailing behind him.

"c'mon! it'll be just one date! i just need someone to be with me this saturday!" yeri replied as she stood in front of him and opens her arms to block him, "just one day, jungkook. all i need is one day..." yeri said with a frown.

jungkook stares at her before sighing as he shifts his gaze to the sky and then back at her. he then noticed how pretty looked today, how the sun made her glow along with her smile, but she had a frown on her lips right now. in front of him. he promised to himself that he'll stop having this feeling whenever he's with her but he keeps breaking his promise every time she's somewhere near him.

"i just need someone to be with me this saturday because one of my friends will be leaving. it won't be the whole day, it would be just from the afternoon to around eight in the evening." yeri explained as she wrote something on a piece of paper, "i just realized how bad i sound like right now so i'll let you decide. message me if you'll go but it'll be fine if you won't, i totally understand." she added and gave him the piece of paper that has her number on it.

jungkook took the piece of paper from her hand and stayed quiet, making yeri put a thin smile on her lips before waving her hand and leaving him in the pathway. when she was finally gone, jungkook looked at the piece of paper she gave and sighed, "this is not how i pictured how our first official date together would be like..." he mumbled and placed the piece of paper inside his back pocket.

"yeri, where's your date?" joy asked as all of them sat at a long table.

it was finally saturday and as expected, yeri seated in the middle of the table alone. she already felt that jungkook wouldn't show up, it would be weird if he actually did. wendy stared at yeri with a frown as she held her hand under the table.

but something inside her told her to wait, maybe he just caught in traffic and will be arriving late. she peeped her phone notifications, hoping to see a message from him but there wasn't.

"uh... he said he'll catch up. he got caught in traffic..." yeri lied and joy nodded.

"let's order?" junmyeon asked and called the waiter and each one of them gave their orders before the waiter left.

"why didn't you order for your date, ri?" irene asked.

"i think it's time to tell them the truth, ri." wendy whispered beside her and yeri just sighed in defeat before nodding.

"well-" yeri wasn't able to finish her sentence when someone called her from the door.

"yeri! i'm here!" jungkook exclaimed as he breathed heavily, "i'm sorry i was late, i got caught into some terrible traffic." he added as he went closer to their table.

"you didn't tell me you were bringing jungkook..." seulgi whispered on yeri's ear, "i can't believe this group date will make you ask your crush out."

"shut up, seul." yeri replied and covered her mouth with her hand, "i didn't think he'll show up..." she added and pouted on her phone, trying to hide from jungkook stare who took the vacant seat in front if her.

her breathing hitched when her phone vibrated, telling her she received a new message.

jungkook (♡):
i'm sorry, i was late.

yeri:
it's fine. i'm more surprised
that you actually came

jungkook (♡):
i just made the decision to go
an hour ago so i'm also surprised

yeri:
thank you for being here :)

jungkook (♡):
you're welcome, yeri.

jungkook (♡):
this is a real date, btw
and no, it won't be just one day
i hope to be with you on the next one

🥛
━ jungri one shot for
yeri day!
happiest birthday
to our maknae!
let's be happy,
yerim! 💜