Chapter 10

Tanjiro sighed, they hadn't been able to thank Giyuu-san for burying their family, and he felt bad for only leaving a note after thinking of visiting Saburu-san. He knew it wouldn't have been possible, but he had been hopeful! That with abit of chance they could atleast say Thank you to a demon slayer who prevented them from seeing their familiy's mangled bodies again.

He was starting to feel guilty about everything, and the only comfort was that they might be able to defeat an upper moon if they were correct about the red light district.

Nezuko wasn’t excited at all about going there, and to be honest, Tanjiro aswell.

The place haboured smells he wasn’t pleased off, and the people there weren’t exactly the kind to help others for nothing. A price needed to be payed, and the price always depend on who was asking.

His sister clings to his arm as they sit on a tree branch, waiting for their legs to regrow.

Bear traps were common around this area, they had also been laced with wisteria. Cutting their legs off had been the smart choice, death would have been the second option.

"I wonder how Rengoku is doing, we didn’t interact much but his wounds look severe."Nezuko sleepily nods next to him, and he holds her close as he feel like his legs are almost done regenerating.

His pupils slit, and his eyes travel around before his head turns to a direction. He starts moving but his sister’s grip doesn’t waver. "I will be back, I promise."

She reluctantly let’s go, and Tanjiro presses a kiss in the scalp of her hair. "Sleep well sis, but be careful."He stands, and jumps to the next tree after testing his leg out. He makes a sharp turn to the right and drops to the ground before his target.

Tanjiro wears a neutral expression as his eyes go over the figure of the demon. There is no blood in his scent yet, he currently hasn’t taken any life, but there is frustration boiling in him.

And that frustration led him to this newly transformed demon. "What do you want?" The thunder breath user snarls, and sadness tugs at Tanjiro’s core. "It isn’t every day you see a demon slayer willingly become a demon. The very thing it swore to eradicate."

A growl rumbles in his throat, and he gets ready to draw his sword out but...

Slash

Thump

THUD

Tanjiro looks at the darked haired boy as his face crumbles into ashes. "It’s a relief I found you before you harmed anyone, your trainer will live at the very least."Tanjiro turns back to the direction he came from, and starts running back to his sister.

He stops when a crow lands on his head. "Hello."He greets, motioning the bird on his hand. "I’m sorry for your lost, but I want to be sure, his trainer won’t have to atone for this right?"The black bird nods, flapping his wings alittle.

Tanjiro let’s out a sigh of relief he didn’t know he was holding in. "Do you mind telling me who transformed him?"

"The demon who turned the demon slayer Kaigaku into a demon was the upper moon number one."Tanjiro frowns, his eyes slitting at that. "I had suspected as much, he doesn’t have Muzan’s smell on him, and the upper moon one has a tendency to go after a certain kind of hunters."

Something blue sticks out in the patch of green grass, and Tanjiro leans down to pick up the strange ornament. It was the choker the demon wore at his neck, Tanjiro looks at it, before turning to the crow.

"May I know your name?"The crow startles abit, before answering."Kaito."

"That is a wonderful name, it suits you."Tanjiro starts walking back to his sister, still smelling her where he left her. "I’m Kamado Tanijro. Nice to meet you."