Chapter 9

Knock, knock little bunny from the little mountain,

Why are your ears so long?

When she was small, my mother ate

The leaves of a tall tree

That is why my ears are so long.

Knock, knock little bunny from the little mountain,

Why are your eyes so red?

When she was small, my mother ate the fruit of a red tree,

That is why my eyes are so red.

The sound of a someone humming had Nezuko stir awake from her dream, and she realized abit in her fuzzy state of mind that it ws her brother humming. "Are you okay, Nezuko?" She groans, her body fully healed, but she still feels exhausted. She forces herself up, the movements being slightly sluggish.

Did we escape him?

Her brother looks slightly startled, before nodding reasuringly. "What you did to get him off our trail worked. Good job, Nezuko."She leans into his hand, her eyes still unfocused. She looks around, and she finally realizes her brother cleared the exist.

Sunlight peeks into the cave, but it's not close to them to be a threat. She opens her mouth, preparing a sentence only to have her brother cover it. "Avoid trying to speak. You bit off your tongue, it might take you while before you speak clearly again."

She nods, and watches as her brother stand up and grabs something from the back of the cave. Her hat is quickly handed to her, and she takes it before shrinking.

Fondness crosses her brother's face, and she stands up as he heads for the entrance of the cave. She is helped out, and she takes a deep breath, before asking.

Where are we going?

Her brother turns to her, and smile. Fangs sticks out, and the his white pupils thin before growing slightly bigger. "We're going home."

Tanjiro wants to cry when he sees his families graves. The village had been welcoming, they had opened their arms wide and smiled with tears in their eyes even though they said it was a short visit. They had waved them away as they headed up the mountain after being told that their grandpa Subaru would always clean the house.

They would leave a not before heading back outside.

The two siblings held hands as they stared at their familiy's grave. Tanjiro bit his lips as his eyes started leaking, the tears falling down his cheeks. Nezuko wasn't any better, she was holding on thightly, refusing to let go, before she finally faced away.

"Nii-chan...I can't..."He turned to her, not even trying to hide his tears. "I can't bear...the thought of...failing to protect them...."

He took her in a silent embrace, and she lashed on to him, claws almost digging into his skin.

"I'm so sorry!"

"Isn't it strange how much we've been paired up recently?"Shinobu follows the step of the Giyuu with ease, her speed on par with his. "I was even asked to bring Kanao with me, a strong demon must been lurking around this area." The nod she is given has her slightly annoyed.

Giyuu eyes wonder around, as he remembers this village. The Kamado family.

The family he failed to save. The village at the foot of the mountain had been intact. It was only the house at the top of the mountain that had been attacked. Everything is exactly the same as he remembers it, except for the lingering presence of a demon.