Chapter 8

The night was peaceful, and Nezuko walked alongside her brother. The boy was only taking his time due to still being tired. "Nii-chan, If the ramble of that lower moon was right, then Muzan doesn’t have any lower demons left. We just have to aim for the uppermoons now." He nodded, keeping up the pace.

"I can smell the nearest city, we should be there soon."It is her turn to nod, smiling at his back. "We need to go visit Tamayo-san soon. We’re running short on supplies." She briefly speeds up, ending by his side. He turns his head to look at her, a serene smile on his face.

She takes his hand, and a hand goes through her hair.

When they entered the city, they immediately put on their hats. The smell of wisteria lingered in the air, and so did the smell of a demon hunter’s uniform. However, that wasn’t the only smell hanging in the air.

"Nii-chan..."He gripped his sword, teeth clenching underneath his mask."I know. He is here." His hand went looking for something in his pockets, Nezuko tilting her head in a show of curiosity."We have to lay low. So long as we are here, it’s a game of hide and seek."He helps his sister with wearing the mask, covering the lower half of her face with no issue. A green mask with a vine pattern, and two red slash marks. Good thing, I bought it."And, no matter what, we can not afford to be found.

He hid his sword away from prying eyes, before taking her hands and leading her through the crowd. They walked silently until a weight crashed into them, having them look down. They didn’t budge, only blinked at the form of a little girl. The child started falling, and help from Tanijro had her back on her feet.

The older boy crouches to her height, trying to look as nice as possible."Hi there. You look lost, do you need any help?"The girl doesn’t speak, but she nods looking wary."Do you know where you live?" She shook her head, looking as if she was about to run. He frowned, worry about her.

"Found you."The two demons freeze.

Dread and panic filled their minds as they looked up from the child, to the source of a very familiar voice. Red slitted eyes settle on them, a predatory smile on it’s face. Tanijro stand back up straight, staring at the man to put it lightly. Blood red eyes meets plum red and Sakura pink ones.

"What did I tell you about talking to strangers?"

"They were helping me though."His hand draws closer to his sword, thinking of the best form that won’t harm the girl."Is that so? My apologies then young man."His hand outstretches in an awaiting hand shake, a smirk to his tone.

Tanijro easily sees the threat, the trap and the challenge. The threat; I will have you killed in an instant, if you draw out that sword. The trap; Shake my hand, and have yourself inject a dangerous amount of blood. The challenge; Entertain me by finding a way to avoid shaking this hand boy.

Take his hand. I have a plan.

He drop his hand and shakes it while looking at him straight in the eyes, the pain of something piercing his hand flares, but his other hand is grabbed and he is pulled away. "Sorry, but we are going to be late!"

Nezuko runs as she feels the blood in her brother travelling around. She goes into an alleyway only to run back out as two people are making out. 'Get a room! There is litterally a hotel at the end of the road!'She had wanted to screams, but her panting brother was the issue. They find refuge in the outer skirts of the city, and Nezuko sits him down as she unwarps the bandage of his hand.

She narrows her eyes at what she sees. An eye.

A disgusting eye in the middle of her brother’s palm, looking around every often. "Sorry, nii-chan. This is going hurt."She takes out her knife, and the smell of wisteria has his heart slow down.