chapter 12

Tanjiro woke up to the rays of sunlight softly caressing his face in a motherly way, making him question the use of waking up as he was embraced by the sun’s warmth...

Before shock rattled his entire body from the sheer wrongness of that sensation. His head immediately snap to the sky, eyes growing wide at the clear blue sky, the sun hanging high above them. "Oh no..."

"Oh no, indeed." His head turns to Nezuko who is sitting on a tree root, eyes strained on him. She was holding onto his sword, relief clinging onto her scent as she promptly stood up and walked into the sunlight, before crouching down next to him. "If he learns about this...i’m sure you know what will happen."

"Urgh...a life where I could turn my head and see my family within my reach was enough but apparently whatever god is up there decided that we had to participate in a thousand years old war that is caused by the unwillingness of a parasite to die..."

Nezuko grumbles an agreement, before helping him up. "Wait...what about the trail?"

She stills for a second, before sighing and giving him his sword. "I took it...for both of us..."

"What did they say?"She sighs, before looking back up at him. "The demon slaying corps has given us permission to continue wandering around, however they want us to get us to pass a message along first. He...wants to speak to Tamayo-san."

Tanjiro blinks, before tilting his head. "Yushiro will be mad if you said anything."

"I didn't say we knew them, I said we would look for them. The pillars are now pleased by our presence. Best if we avoid more commotion."

He nodded, turning to a direction. "Let’s be on our then. We needed to go visit soon anyway."

Nezuko nods, before following him. The events that played out through the trial playing in her head, again.

"It’s a pleasure to finally be able to speak to you. It’s a shame your brother cannot attend the trial aswell."Nezuko keeps her expression neutral, ignoring the glares of the pillars that are kneeling in a form of respect behind her. The atmosphere reminds her of uppermoon meetings, except it isn’t fear, but respect that forces them on one knee.

Nezuko sits infront of the man that is dubbed the father of the corps, her brother in the care of the kakushis’ since he has not woken up. A reasonable distance is between the pillars, and the person infront of her. Were any of them lose their patience, she could easily flee, going to grab her brother before escaping.

"My brother has sustained too much damage whilst fighting the uppermoon, he won’t be waking up for a while. That is why I will pass the trial for both of us." I need to get this issue out of our way afterall. Don’t ge angry. Not here. It’s too dangerous.

"Understandable. You both fought bravely, and managed to do what we couldn't for centuries. You both deserve some rest."

She would feel much more touched if some of his children weren't glaring a hole in her back. "Kamado Nezuko, you and your brother have proven that you deserved your right to live, and I have no issue with leaving you be as your presence has saved some of my children. However, some of us here still has doubt that is why I am asking if you do not mind us asking you a few questions."

"I don’t."

"Good. How long have you been a demon?"

"Almost three years now."She answers without missing a beat, keeping herself contained.  "Are you aware of what Kibutsuji Muzan is planning?"

"He aims for total perfection. His goals haven’t changed at all."

"What is your relationship with the first breath user?"

"One of our ancestors was a friend of his. He made a dance out of his breathing form that he passed down for generations."

"Your brother -- "She stiffens abit at the mention of her only family member. "has a strange mark on his forehead. I believe it isn't due to his transformation. Do you know anything about that?"Nezuko searches her memory for the information, before remembering what number one had said concerning it. "It’s a mark that humans can get. The demon slayer mark. I don’t know what the conditions to manifest that mark are, but it significantly increases the strength of whoever gets it. Enough for the person to be able to easily tale down an uppermoon by himself. That is all I know."

"Hm...Nezuko, I’m going to need you and your brother to get into contact with someone. Do you think you could do that?"

"Of course."

"Good. Then, good luck."

She sighs, remembering how the wind’s pillar bleeding arm had been thrusted infront of her face, it had been worth it when she turned her head the other way, ignoring it completely, and that the hashiras had looked shocked.

She would have mocked them if she wasn’t so nice, and if she had been a sour mood. "Yushiro’s going to kill us."

"Please, he will torture us first."

I think i might do this as a oneshot, i will skip certain parts, and immediately gloss over the important stuff, so yea, this might end soon