Chapter 4

The sun burned bright in the sky, burning them aswell.

Tanjiro walked next to his little sister, their clothes hiding them from the unforgiving sun as they had shrunk to a better size. They were getting closer to their mission, but they had to deal with another demon on their way first.

He held on tightly to his sword. He didn't want to lose it, it was the first breath user's sword afterall. He promised to go put it back after he defeated muzan, he would not break his promise. A hand slides in his, and he can only look at Nezuko to smile as she does the same behind the muzzle.

"Aren't you tired of that thing? You can speak afterall."He smiles at her response, the memory of how kind his sister is recreating.
"It's fine, it's helpful in fights. I can't accidently swallow blood. Plus, I can always remove it when I want to speak."

The night quickly arrives, and they can travel with much more ease. They stop at the edge of the forest, the sun starting to peak out behind the mountains.

They hide, and allows theirselves a few moments of sleep for this day.

It's snowing. Snow is everything he can see, the ground doesn't pile the snow though. He wanders, looking around and questioning the reason of his presence in the place.

In the snow stands a man, someone who he has ever only seen in his dreams."Yoriichi-san..."

"You've come far. In only two years. You should be proud Kamado."

He isn't looking at Yoriichi any more, but at his father. "Tanjiro, you've made imense progress. You have to continue. I feel as a great foe awaits you on your next adventure. Please be careful."

Nezuko dreams. She dreams about her father's dance, and she dreams of Yoriichi's sword technique. She doesn't weild the sword. She is better at hand-to-hand combat, but she modifies the techniques to use them.

She moves her body to follow the pattern, but alters what members she uses. She has seen a few demon slayers fighting, and she changes their breath into attacks.

She knows how to breath, she has watched her brother fight, but the sword isn't for her. Her legs are as strong as still, and her brother's forehead is as thick as a rock.

They wake to the sound of a crow, and they immediately prepare to run away. But immediately perch theirselves on a tree, hiding as they can sense a demon nearby.

Nezuko stands tall on the tree branch, while her brother crouches. He smiles fondly at the people down below, seeing a group of slayers walk by.

She lowers her muzzle, allowing her to speak her thoughts out. "Nii-chan, we should go hunt that demon down."

He nods standing up, and they start running. They find the thing in a blink, and before anything can happen it's already crumbling to ash.

"We should probably find a way to tell them that the demon is dead."Tanjiro looks up, spotting what he is looking for. He jumps, catching the bird, and uses two finger to close it's beak.

"Shhh, can you tell them that the demon was killed please?"The crow nods hesistantly, visibly alarmed by him."Thank you so much!" He lets the crow leave, and his sister jumps to land on the same branch as him."Nii-chan, you're a moron."

"Nezuko!That's so mean!"

"Nezuko? Do you have something on your mind?"The girl sighs, turning to look at her brother. "It's just...I heard a few hunters talking yesterday...and apperently the corps want to capture us."

There is a brief pause, and her brother hums."I am not sure of what to do, but we shouldn't let them capture us...not yet, we still need to prove ourselves to be completely safe."

"...I know, we still have so much to do."

The train station was crowded, but throigh the crowd they were able to make out a guy with yellow and red hair. The smell of metal had Tanjiro grab his sister's hand. "This way, Nezuko."She didn't protest and followed him through the crowd.

Once on the train, the smell that coated the ingine had Tanijro seperate from his sister, a single order from him she should follow.

"Nezuko, bring the passengers to safety."

"Did you find the demon?"His pupils thinned as he looked ahead, the front of the train being his target."We are on the demon."