Chapter 5

The train was crowded with civilians, all innocent lives Rengoku was in charge of protecting. He was currently eating, the demon not having made an entrance yet. He was about to ask for more when someone passed him. Two people passed him, both looking very humans but he was trained to sense the difference between human and demons.

He immediately brought a hand to his sword, in prepartion of the fight.

"You there! Stop at once!"

"You there! Stop at once!" Immediately after hearing those words both Kamados sibling stopped at once. They shared look, nodding shortly before speeding up. There were two other slayers on the train with the pillar, and they probably would be in charge of taking the people to safety. "Nezuko, once you did your job meet me on the top. Try and avoid any sort of confrontation. Okay?"

Nezuko nodded, slipping through the crowd. Tanjiro looked back infront of him, the back of the train not being where he aims for, but a useful shortcut. He opened the door, and jumped onto to the roof. He started walking to the front of the train again, but a voice stopped in the middle of putting another feet down.

"Demon. I shall not allow you to cause anymore harm!"

He turned around, fully prepared to dodge any sort of attack."May I please know your name?"He offered a smile, fully intending to end the fight without it starting."I'm Rengoku Kyoujurou."

Tanjiro bowed his head slightly, introducing hisself."I'm Kamado Tanjiro, and i'm pleased to meet you Rengoku-san but you're making a mistake."

The demon slayer, the flame pillar didn't let his gaurd down. Only raised an eyebrow at him."What?"

"I am not the demon who has been killing your allies, I would never allow myself to do something like this. The demon responsible for this is the one we are standing on right now."

Rengoku didn't have the time to respond as Nezuko jumped onto the roof, crouching before standing back up."Nii-chan! I finished bringing the people to safety!"

He nodded at his sister, indicating to start heading to the front of the train."Go ahead Nezuko, I will join you soon." She very much obliged, and Tanjiro turning back to the pillar, who had gained a smell of suprised."I would get prepared for a much harder battle if I was you."

He turned to the forest, a frown on his face."An upper moon is coming."

Nezuko was startled by the explosion. She hadn't been prepared for her brother to cut the demon's neck after it had started speaking. She tightened her hold on him, not willing to let go. She must have passed out, as when she opened her eyes the sound of a fight was heard. She was helped up, and her senses told her that an upper moon was part of the battle.

A look towards her brother told her she was right."Nezuko, let's go."

He wasn't telling her to leave, but to go and fight.

Rengoku knew he was going to die the moment the uppermoon appeared. He knew when he wasn't a match, and this was a losing battle. He wasn't going down that easily though. It angered him how it was only trying to get him to change into a demon.

It only had his fire burn stronger. He saw the moment he would die though, it's hand was heading for his stomach. He would pierce a hole in his abdomen. An unhealable wound.

Tanjiro remembers his promise to the man living at the temple. He remembers swearing on his life to never harm a single human. Nezuko does too. They both do.

Blood dripped on the floor, each second going by increasing the shock in the two opponents. Nezuko stood next to her brother, looking older so does Tanjiro.

Demons don't have limits. They don't age, and they don't die. Humans do, and that is why they protect them. To make sure they live long enough. So if demons don't age, what happens when their hatred is stronger than usual?

Vines covered Nezuko's body, a horn protruding from the right side of her head. Black veins were visible on her left eye, and she look menacing. Tanjiro's eyes held a burning fire, and his body had flames drawing.

Their anger will burn until the flesh of their wrong doer is no more.

Akaza's hand rested on the floor, his head re-growing after the kick he received by the girl. He couldn't comprehend why, not one but two demons were protecting a human. The uppermoons had been informed of two rebelious siblings, and Muzan-sama was unable to keep track of them due to them breaking the curse.

"So, we meet--"He had to dodge mid-sentence as a sword sliced the place he previously stood at.

"Whatever are your intentions, we won't let you achieve them."

Nezuko stood infront of the pillar, aware of how she was open to his wrath. He was wounded, and she and her brother let him get hurt anymore.

We will protect them.