Poor Unfortunate Soul (Extra)

(Robert is going to be a bit OOC in this. It just sounded right when I wrote it)

"So, tell me, how are you feeling?" The sound of the ballpoint pen's clicking seemed to echo through the room. I clenched my teeth and closed my eyes. "You seem frustrated."

The clicking stopped. "Frustrated is a word." The pen dragged across the clipboard, creating an awful sound.

"Would you like to make a new goal?"

I opened my eyes and relaxed my mouth. "No, but it feels like you already made one. Annoying me." I sighed. "And I'm only here because my manager asked me to be. I can't go back to work until this is all done with."

The pen clicked again. "So, what you're saying is, you're feeling fine?" I nodded. "Well, lying won't do you any good. Tell the truth, and we won't have to see each other twice a week, Robert."

"Okay then, I'm not doing fine," I snapped. "These sessions are pointless. No matter what you tell me, nothing changes. Your coping techniques don't work."

The pen dragged again. "I'm sorry you feel that way. However, these sessions are necessary due to your situation."

"Right, my situation." I nodded and wiped my mouth with my hand. "It happened four months ago..." the necklace around my neck began to feel heavy. I took the heart in my hand and twisted it. "A-And I... I can't..." The wall that was keeping me from breaking started to crumble. "I should be dead. N-Not her... I-It should've been me. The memory of meeting her is still in my head. Her glossy eyes, her pale skin, her last words..."

"(Y/n) (L/n)..."

"You need to learn to let it go, Robert. It happened months ago. You can't change the past."

Let it go. The necklace increased its weight, the locket bringing me down the most.

Let it go.