41

🌼🌼🌼

S H I N  R Y U J I N

" ryujin-ah "

i flinched at the sudden sound, hearing my name. i know i was sleeping and someone's trying to wake me up with their really soft and calming voice, but instead of waking up i let out a muffled groan and snuggled closer to my pillow. it felt comfy as if my pilow was actually pulling me closer too. what time is it anyway? i still want to sleep.

" ryujin? " the voice again.

who is that even? it's really familiar but i can't pinpoint who it is. it's definitely not my mom. then who is it? is this an angel? is it my guardian angel? oh, uhm i guess.

" hmm, hyunjin-ssi? "

i flinched again, this time because of hearing that name. what? why is my guardian angel saying hyunjin's name? oh she pretty obviously know about my feelings for hyunjin. so what, is she trying to wake me up with that? well guess what? i think i am going to wake up.

i slowly opened my eyes only to be welcome by a... neck? what? i blink my eyes multiple times and try to register what the hell is this thing in front of me. oh, it's a person? that's when i felt the heavy but gentle thingy wrapped around my waist and the other thing holding the back of my head.

wha- then the familiar scent hit my nose. i know this perfume, but wh- wha- how did this happen? how? how? ho- o- oh, i think i remember now.

flashback

i got back from the sink and spot hyunjin laying on the bed while doing something with his phone. i carefully closed the curtain behind me and drape the wet handkerchief at the small table beside the bed. hopefully, it gets dry there.

i turned to hyunjin again and he's still busy with his phone, i think he didn't even realize that i'm here. i stood still and watched him, a silly grin slowly forming on my lips. i feel so weird being all smiley and red just seeing him like this. then the memories from before when we got home from visiting jungseo from the hospital came rushing to my mind. that time when we slept on the same bed. too bad i can't really remember the feeling, especially since when i woke up he's not on the bed anymore.

just then, an idea came to my mind. we're friends anyway, he wouldn't mind right? yeah, i know he wouldn't. it's not like he likes me too. i took a deep breath and then lay on the bed too, beside him. i pushed myself close to him, my head on his shoulder as i try to look at his phone too.

" what's that? " i asked him, mentally patting my head for not stuttering at all.

i felt hyunjin's body stiffened and before i knew it he dropped his phone, hitting him on the face. it bounced off of his face and then hit my forehead before it lands on his chest. the two of us let out groans because of the pain. oh jeez, my forehead hurts. i hissed silently with my eyes closed and massaged my forehead. ugh, mission failed.

" ugh, ryujin are you ok? i'm sorry "  i heard hyunjin ask. i nod my head and opened my eyes to look up at him.

his fingers are on the bridge of his nose as he has a scrunching face. i felt his right hand on the back of my head rubbing on it like it's where i got hit.