51

🌼🌼🌼

S H I N  R Y U J I N

i took a deep breath as i reach for the bracelet with my other hand. as i do so, i saw and just realize how my hands are shaking so i stopped and closed my free hand, trying to calm it down. after that i reached for the bracelet again and felt weird sensations in my body as i made contact with it.

the glossy feeling of the beads. the design, daisies. the light weight of it. it all felt perfect. i admired it more and notice the lone pink bead. i run my finger on it, making it turn and there it showed a sloppy ballpen written heart shape.

seeing it perked me up, making me smile and let out a snicker. i pressed my lips together to suppress the rest in, making my cheeks heat up in exchange. i put it down on the side and then focussed on the envelope.

nervous, i decided to just stare at the hand writing again and slowly trace my forefinger on the sides of the envelope. i'm nervous to find out what's inside. obviously it would be a letter. just thinking about it made my heart beat fast.

i'm scared to find out what he has written. what does he want to tell me? i wish it's just a simple birthday greeting but i can feel the paper inside and i don't think it's just one paper in this envelope. i let out a long breath before slowly and carefully tearing the envelope open.

there are three folded papers inside. i pulled it all out and unfolded them. the first one has a date in it which was a month ago, the second one was a week ago and the last one was dated on my birthday. i put the other two down and read the first paper, my heart still not calming from nervousness.

×××

ryujin,

hello! that one just looks so dumb and fake. i'm so sorry, i don't really know how to start a letter and this is my first time writing a love letter so please bear with me. and don't laugh at me please, i swear i'm really trying.

yesterday you were sad and the day before that you were also, that one beacuse of me, so i bought you a bag of sweets that i later found out that you threw them out. i think that's because of my dumb side letter. see? i told you i don't know anything about letters. jeongin told me you thought it was from him so he urge me to continue giving you some. i agreed with him, mainly because that way maybe i can practice writing letters with the sticky notes i'll be attaching to it.

ok, i swear this is a love letter, but we're straying away from the main topic so let's just forget about that. so earlier before going home i passed by this elder woman selling accessories on the sidewalk. she told me everything was made by her so it's one of a kind. i'm a bit dumb so that really sparked my curiosity especially when i saw the daisy bracelets.

i don't know about you but for me daisies represent something about you and me. maybe because it's the flower i chose for you? or i'm just being too hopeless romantic earlier. but the daisy bracelets really caught my attention, and besides i owe you a bracelet, so i bought them.

right now, one of them is sitting here beside this paper while i write. i look at it time to time, letting it serve as an inspiration i guess? you're not here so i'll just let this bracelet serve as your symbol? ah, what the hell, i'm really sorry, i'm trying to not sound like some dumbo here.

oh, do you know how hard it was today? i hope you didn't see me. i know you don't want to see me so i'm trying to avoid you as much as possible. even though i don't want that. in the cafeteria, i'm glad you didn't turn to look or glance at our table because if you did, i don't know how i can avoid that. it's also great because at least i can see your face. you weren't smiling much but it was a beautiful sight when you laughed at what yuna whispered to you. ok now that just sounds like i'm some stalker, i'm sorry i couldn't help it. i wish you could smile like that at me again. maybe.