The Wandering Ghost

She walked through the busy street, kids running around, ice-cream vendors ringing their bells to call out to their customers. There are housewives having a fun chat under the shade of the roof of the small store. Male adults having coffee with their friends reading the newspaper. Young teens having a small sing along as their guitarist strummed his guitar.

As she walked down the street a child was coming her way but, she did not move her feet, she just watched the child smiling to his friend as they raced. There only are few centimeters left and they'll bump to each other. But the kid never bumped to her and she wasn't even shocked. The child ran past her like she doesn't even exist. She was unseen and untouched. It was normal for her, after all she's dead. And she sometimes wonder why was she still even wandering earth. She had no memories, all that she knew is that she's dead. She doesn't know herself or what life she had, she doesn't even know what year it was already. She just wandered around, walking day and night for years, and sometimes she felt tired. Sometimes she sits somewhere at night hoping that she can sleep even just for five minutes but, drowsiness never visited her. All that she did was walk around streets and she never knew that time has passed already.

She watched all the people around her and they seemed happy, and the way they dressed were so casual to be compared to what she was wearing and how she looked.

Her hair was tied in a medium high ponytail with the use of ribbon. She was wearing a white knee-legth dress with a white coat. Her feet were comforted by white doll shoes. One can say that she is unlike any ghosts told in horror stories, she was different. She was beautiful and calm. She did not want to cause harm or disturbance to anyone.

She just wanted to fully leave earth already because she felt so restless and yet although she's dead, she never had the chance to rest.

Sometimes she felt fascinated by the things she see. She can see some kids and teens holding gadgets that she isn't even familiar of. She can see a huge screen that she thought was a moving painting. Boards that had small wheels under them that kids seem to enjoy so much. Everything was so new. But, what she's most fascinated about is the bird-like vehicle that she can see flying through the sky.

Even though she doesn't know when she died or what life she had, one thing's for sure, she wasn't born during this time.

She was looking around the street as she walked then she saw tarpaulin hanging down by the front of the Municipal Hall.

It read: Happy New Year Everyone! Happy 2018 to all of us! from Gov. Gomez, governor of Quezon, dated: January 1, 2018.

She was surprised to see the tarpaulin and had a conclusion that she was wandering around the streets of Quezon, in the year 2018!

Finally she had found out in what year she was!

As she walked near the hall, she felt familiarity within the place, like she's been there before.

She entered the hall and walked through the hallways, then she reached the door of the mayor's office. She felt the urge to enter so, she stepped inside the room, passing through the walls. As she entered the office, it was empty. It was painted with white color and it has a wide table standing in the middle with the name of the mayor on the huge name plate.

But then in her vision its appearance changed into a much simpler one but, she must say classy and...

Familiar

It was made of strong wood, its lights were super classy and antique. The furnitures, from the chairs, tables and the shelves, they were made of wood but, designed with luxurious things she was familiar of.

"What are you doing here? Father might see you." she heard a female voice speak

"I couldn't help myself. I wanted to see you so much." she heard a male voice.