CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

I remembered that I needed to call the clients on Mr. Chandler's list and grabbed a notepad for notes as I began to dial the first numbers of the list. I wanted to make sure that I hired the right person for the job and hopefully, Mr. Chandler could be that person.

.

.

.

As I called every number but one, all I heard was good things about Mr. Chandler, and it made me think whether I should call the last person on the list. Each person spoke on how Mr. Chandler helped them out of bad deals that seemed unfixable and he got it handled. They spoke on how he analyzed, handled finances correctly, helped them manage their taxes, and much more.

They sounded genuine and explained in full detail his work that led me to consider working with him. I decided that I'll have to schedule a meeting with him before signing.

However, at the moment, we were waiting in line for the club which was something that I wasn't used to. I barely went out to clubs in Louisiana and most of the ones that I did attend, I ended up leaving early. Once we all made it to this club named Club Nova we all hugged one another and then complimented each other's fit.

We were even introduced to Malaysia's boyfriend, Jason, who was very nice and tall compared to my friend's height.

They made such a cute couple, and their looks meshed so well together. Both of them looked like models and had beautiful skin. Jason had a brown complexion with dark brown round eyes, a broad nose, full lips, and neat facial hair. I couldn't miss the looks of love in their eyes, it was so cute and I just loved to see it.

Aside from admiring the couples, I thought everyone was looking good tonight and I was even surprised that Leandra admitted that I looked good.

I'm guessing we were at a good pace and were building a friendship. As the line moved up, the bouncer asked for our IDS and checked them very well before allowing us to enter the club through the red velvet rope.

Club Nova was both trendy and upscale with the flashing LED lights on the dance floor and even flickered around the entire club. The ceilings had lights hanging from them as I noticed the bar where people sat and talked in the chairs, while the bartenders mixed drinks for them. There were tables that people sat at and at the top, I'm guessing a V.I.P section, with a rope and guard standing in front of it.

Old R&B and Hip hop music blared throughout the club as I figured must've meant that it was the vibe for tonight. The atmosphere felt ecstatic, euphoric, and lively as I noticed the people grinding on each other on the dance floor as they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. Others stood faced in front of the wall with drinks in hand and looked bored with cellphones in their hand.

"So, what's first?" I asked.

"Drinks?" Raheem asserted. "It'll be on me,"

"You're very nice, baby, but it's a lot of us," Tatyana told him before she caught herself and then laughed at our shocked expressions. "Um, I guess the cat out the bag now, we're in a relationship,"

Everyone stared at Raheem who looked happy to be claimed in public. He kissed her cheek making all of us excited for them.

"Also, I want to say thank you to Breanna for not saying anything," Tatyana added.

"Of course not. Y'all are so cute together,"

"I can't believe that I didn't figure it out," Malaysia laughed, hugging her friend. "I'll find us a spot to sit at, the guys can get us drinks,"

"Wait, huh?" Malik said.

"Get me a soda, please," I glared at him as he smirked and followed behind the group it guys.