Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Obscurus

Start from the beginning

"What do you want to tell us?" Ron asked.

Hermione narrowed her eyes and turned to Y/N.

"It's just..." she started. "I realized something."

"Tell me about it." Y/N moved closer to her.

"Tell us, too," Ron chimed in and Harry nodded in agreement.

"I just realized-" Hermione started slowly. "Speaking of History of Magic, when I was studying about magical dis functions for the exams... I came across something. It was a case in Africa about a child that was an obsurial."

"My grandfather wrote about them." Y/N said quietly. "I've read some of it."

"Slow down, my brain's not processing." Ron said. "What is this obstaturial, exactly?"

"An obsucurial, Ronald," Hermione said with an eye roll. "is a young witch or wizard that develops a dark parasitical magical force called an obscurus. It's non spreadable, but it's very dangerous for them. Whenever they lose emotional control, they cause major destruction in some sort of way."

(A/N ~ This is an Obscurial):

Ron and Harry were frowning, and Y/N was nodding slowly

"I'm catching on your theory," Y/N said thoughtfully.

"I'm not saying you are one, Y/N," Hermione said quickly. "because your powers and an obscurial's don't match up exactly, but it's probably something similar."

"And can someone stop being an obscurial?" Ron asked curiously.

"As for as far as we know," Hermione sighed. "no. It's very rare. And they die at a very young age."

"That's comforting." Y/N smiled weakly.

"No, I didn't mean it like that-!" Hermione said with wide eyes. "The destructions that you cause are way smaller than an obscurial's. You're probably something way less harmful, but it's the same concept."

"Now you're just making me worried." Harry said with a frown.

"It's not something to be worried about- it's just an observation." Hermione defended. "But I'm sure Y/N could learn how to control her powers. They might even be useful."

"To be honest, I don't really want to know what I am." Y/N said truthfully. "Right now I just want to eat dinner and go down to see Hagrid."

"Oh, right- Buckbeak's execution." Ron said sadly.

Their faces fell and they were silent for a while.

"I almost forgot about that." Harry whispered.

"We tried everything." Hermione squeaked. "We really did."

"I- I saw the assassin, on the way here..." Y/N whispered. "Macnair's his name, I think. He likes doing this stuff- it's horrible."

"Hagrid needs us with him." Harry said firmly. "We're going down to see him after dinner- deal?"