Y5 .。:+*✧ I Gave You My Heart

A/N ~ please, if you're doing the 'future me?🎤' thing, don't forget to finish it- I'm getting a lil concerned about the old ones💀

Just to clarify things since ppl got confused, I WILL be finishing this story until the end of 7th year. I gotchu, dw.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

December arrived, bringing with it more snow and a good lot of homework for the fifth years.

Ron and Hermione also became more busy with prefect duties Christmas approached.

They were so busy that Hermione had stopped knitting elf hats and was devastated that she was down to her last three.

"All those poor elves I haven't set free yet, having to stay over during Christmas because there aren't enough hats!" she fretted.

Harry and Y/N, who had not had the heart to tell her that Dobby had taken all of the hats, were determined to stare down at their History of Magic essay.

In any case, Harry did not want to think about Christmas.

For the first time in his school career, he very much wanted to spend the holidays away from Hogwarts.

Between his Quidditch ban and worry about whether or not Hagrid was going to be put on probation, he felt highly resentful toward the place at the moment.

The only thing he really looked forward to were spending time with his friends and the D.A. meetings, and they would have to stop over the holidays.

"Y/N, Y/N, can I ask you a favour?"

The Quartet looked up from their essays to see Angelina Johnson towering over them with a hopeful look on her face.

She was in her Quidditch robes, indicating that she had just came back from practice.

"Um... depends what it is," Y/N said weakly, glancing at her half completed essay. "I'm kind of busy, you see,"

"Oh, not now," Angelina said quickly, "it's for tomorrow's Seeker and Beaters tryouts. I want you to keep track of the names of the people that'll be trying out."

"Oh- alright- er... who usually does this?" Y/N asked hesitantly.

"Me. But this time, i'll be busy in the air," said Angelina, "I want to make sure we have the perfect Seeker and Beaters. Will you help? It's not hard, just ticking off people's names."

"Ah, so you're replacing me already." Harry said teasingly, before Y/N could answer. Angelina threw him a look.

"This isn't funny, Potter." she said grimly. "It's your fault that we have to-"

"Alright. Sure." Y/N said loudly, grinning at the seventh year kindly. Angelina's face lit up.

"Perfect! See you tomorrow, five o'clock at the Quidditch pitch then," she gave Y/N a quick pat on the shoulder and went back to sit with Alicia on the other side of the room.

"Oh, Y/N, I heard Rolf was made Hufflepuff's Seeker," Hermione said, looking at Y/N.

"'Course you heard," Y/N muttered, rolling her eyes. "didn't he announce it to the whole Great Hall, yesterday?"

She had the scene perfectly memorized.

How her brother ran into the Great Hall with his Nimbus over his shoulder and Luna Lovegood by his side, both of them jumping and celebrating at the top of their lungs.

"He deserves that spot," Ron sighed, putting down his quill and having a satisfying stretch. "been trying for four years, hasn't he?"

"Yep, he's been practicing since he got his first broom." Y/N grinned to herself.