Y7 .。.:*༄ Scamander on the Loose

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

"Y/N, are you alright?" asked a gentle voice from the entrance of her room.

Y/N sniffed loudly and lifted her head up to see Regulus standing by the doorway, looking concerned and sympathetic.

His locks of pitch-black hair hung a little eerily around his face.

"Fine- I'm fine," Y/N muffled, wiping the streams of tears from her face.

Once she was done, she lowered her head onto the table again and buried it deep into her arms.

"May I come in?" asked Regulus, carefully.

"Sure," Y/N mumbled.

She heard his soft footsteps emerge closer and heard the screech of a chair, as he sat down beside her.

"Do you... want to talk?" Regulus asked slowly. His voice was a few feet to her right, low but cautious.

"I don't know..." Y/N didn't want to say anything further, for tears might come out instead of words.

Regulus gazed at her trembling body for a moment.

"You've been so brave, Y/N," he said, finally, "I... I might not understand your situation, but you could try-"

"The thing is- you do understand," Y/N cut him off curtly. She lifted up her tear-glazed face and locked eyes with him. "Out of all people. How am I allowed to be upset when you've been in my shoes for more than ten years?"

"Y/N, you're allowed to upset no matter what situation you're in," Regulus said firmly.

"Yeah, but it's stupid," said Y/N, shaking her head. "You've been through all that, yet, you're- you're still sane, you're kind, you're so frustratingly patient-"

"Why, now you're just flattering me." Regulus smiled. Y/N scowled at him. "Alright, I might appear like I'm all that, now, but I didn't handle change that easily either."

"And that's totally fair," Y/N sniffed, attempting to dry her face again.

"And it's totally fair for you, as well," Regulus said comfortingly.

The way he spoke was so careful- like it was impossible for him to say anything wrong.

"So tell me, if you want to... what exactly is upsetting you?"

Where does she even start? What, exactly, is making her so anxious and stressed?

She didn't know. Everywhere she looked, every thought that came into her mind was negative.

She thought of Remus, Tonks, and Rolf. She was well aware of how much they cared for her. If only she could make them stop.

She thought of Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

On one hand, Y/N knew how loyal these three were, and didn't doubt for a second that any of them would entirely abandon the thought of her.

On the other hand, the intrusive side of her mind took over her.

It was very possible they would find her departure a betrayal. All the evidence she left pointed to it.

It physically pained Y/N to think that any of her friends and family would believe that she intentionally betrayed them.

At the end of the day, that wasn't a priority. She only hoped they were all safe and weren't doing anything so typically risky, as they usually do.