The Moment of Truth

The court was in session, Merlin's mother had stumbled into Camelot, saying her village had been ransacked by thieves lead by a man named Kanen.

"The winters are harsh in Ealdor, and there are many children. Some of them just won't be strong enough to survive. We barely have enough food as it is, and if Kanen takes our harvest, our children won't live to see another summer. Please, we need your help." Hunith begged.

"Elders in Cenred's kingdom. Your safety is his responsibility." Uther said flatly.

"We've appealed to our King, but he cares little for the outlying regions. You're our only hope." Hunith explained.

"I have the deepest sympathy for you and would have this barbarian wiped off the face of the earth." Uther said.

"You'll help us?" Hunith asked.

"I wish I could." Uther asked.

Arthur took a step forward, offering a situation, "Surely we can spare a few men?" He asked.

"Resources are not the problem," Uther said.

 Morgana looked at Uther. "Then what is?" she asked.

"Ealdor lies beyond the Ridge of Essetir. For an army of Camelot to enter it would be an act of war." Uther explained.

Hunith dropped to her knees. "I know you're a good king, a caring man. I'm begging you, help us, please." She begged.

"The accord we've struck with Cenred was years in the making. I cannot risk hundreds of lives for the sake of one village. I'm afraid Camelot cannot help. Uther said. Morgana stood up from her fair, giving Uther a hard glare. Coventina followed them, as Morgana escorted her out.

"Morgana, what are we doing to do?" Coventina said.

"I am going to talk to Arthur, go to my chambers and prepare my armor," Morgana said.

Coventina looked at her with confusion, "You have armor?" She questioned.

"Yes, it is a corseted tunic with pants and under coverings. Coventina hurried off to Morgana's chambers, she pawned through the wardrobe, finding two tunics buried underneath dresses, possibly that Morgana had taken this from the armory. 

"Alright, so Arthur still will not help, but I heard Merlin is going back to Ealdor, so you, Gwen, and I are going back with him," Morgana said, storming into her chambers. Coventina looked at her, her eyes were full of a little anger, causing the light blue to look icier.

"I found what you were talking about," Coventina said, holding the articles of clothing.

Morgana let out a small smile, "Good, the other one should fit." She said. Morgana went behind Coventina, starting to untie Coventina's dress.

Coventina stopped her, "Morgana, what are you doing?"

Morgana chuckled, wrapping her arms around Coventina's waist. "Helping you, my darling. It is not like you had not seen me without my undergarments," she said.

Coventina smiled lightly, "That is a fair point, Morgana." Morgana pulled off Coventina's dress, soon both of them were dressed. Coventina's eyes looked Morgana up and down.

"I never thought you could get more beautiful, Morgana," Coventina said. Morgana let out a small laugh, taking Coventina's arm, small talk going between the two of them as they walked down to the armory.

"You won't have to. We're coming with you." Morgana said.

Merlin rose an eyebrow in confusion, "What do you mean?" He asked.