The Witch's Quickening

Night had fallen in Camelot, Morgana and Coventina were both sound asleep. A piercing noise filled Coventina's ears causing her to wake up. She heard a voice inside of her head, someone was using telepathy. Coventina tried to focus on the voice,

"Be careful. At the end of the corridor. Morgana's Chamber is next." The voice said. Coventina recognized the voice as Mordred. The door opened, Mordred stepped into the room followed by a man with reddish-blonde hair with a beard.

"Morgana," Mordred said. Morgana woke up, gasping in seeing Mordred at end of the bed. Mordred had a small smile on his face seeing Morgana and Coventina

"Mordred," Morgana said. The warning bells sounded as Mordred climbed onto the bed. Morgana hugged Mordred.

"I thought I'd never see you again," Morgana said, pulling away from the hug.

"I found the boy wandering in the woods, lost and alone, hunted by Uther's men. The man explained. Coventina pulled Mordred into her lap, hearing that he was being hunted. She ran a hand through his messy dark hair.

"Who are you?" Morgana questioned, taking her eyes off of Morgana and Coventina.

"My name is Alvarr. I, too, have been hunted by Uther since I was a child." He explained.

"You have magic?" Morgana questioned.

"Yes, My Lady. As did my parents, and their parents before them. They were fortunate to live in a time of peace, before your king declared war on sorcery." Alvarr explained.

Morgana nodded, "I, too, have known Uther's cruelty." She said.

"I have as well, clearly maybe Mordred might have spoken of it," Coventina said, her arms still tightly around her brother.

"Magic is not a crime. It is a gift. I wish to walk free and without fear." Alvarr said. Morgana nodded, agreeing with his statement. "The boy said you would understand."

"What are you doing in Camelot? You take a great risk in coming here." Morgana questioned.

"We came to see you." Alvarr said.

"Why would you come to see us, with the risk of getting caught by the guards?" Coventina said, her hand resting on Mordred's head.

"I will not stand by and watch innocent people destroyed, and I am not alone. Many have already joined me. Many more join every day."

Morgana objected to his point, "Alvarr, this is a war you cannot win. Uther has an army at his disposal." She said.

"It does not matter how many you are if you wield a weapon powerful enough. When I was a child, my parents told me of a crystal. It was taken from the sorcerers in the last days of the Great Purge." Alvarr explained.

"My parents once spoke of the crystal, I thought it was taken by Uther," Coventina said She looked down at Mordred who seemed to be focused on something. She turned her away from the conversation, standing up as she heard footsteps approaching.

"You are the King's ward. No one will suspect you. Morgana, you are our only hope." Alvarr said. The footsteps got closer, Mordred came closer to Coventina hearing them as well.

"Someone is coming, we must hide now," Covetnina said, taking Mordred's hand going behind the curtain where no one can see them from the door. The door was kicked in. Morgana had gotten been able to lay down, she bolted awake.

"What on earth do you think you're doing?!" Morgana yelled.

Arthur stuttered and looked around. "I'd reason to believe that there was an intruder in here.