The Dragon's Call

In the great castle of Camelot, there was a servant by the name of Crystal, but she was more than a servant, she was a druid by the name of Coventina. When she had fled her village with her youngest sister Genevieve to Camelot where she hoped for a better life. The druid girl was struck by tragedy when she reached the gates of Camelot, a sword went through her sister, blood splattering as her sister fall dead. A monstrous scream had escaped her throat at the death, Coventina was alone. She entered Camelot, her face being hidden as she approached the castle where she saw the most breathtaking woman her eyes had seen. Coventina saw her on a horse that looked to be in a furious mood. Coventina quickly hurried so the woman would not be thrown and she was glad she had assisted, the horse buckled and the woman fell. Coventina gently caught her.

"Are you all right my fair maiden?" Coventina asked, worry present in her eyes.

The woman brushed off her dress before she spoke, Yes I am alright. I must thank you for your deed. What is your name?"

Coventina was taken back by the smooth tone of this woman. "My name is Crystal Adelina Emmeline. I must ask you for a fair name, my lady?"

"I apologize I am Morgana, King Uther's ward. Come, he must know you have saved my life." She said taking her hand. Coventina, now her name was Crystal had not believed that she had saved the life of a king's ward.

That event had taken place over a year ago. Uther had placed the title of a servant to Crystal to Lady Morgana. And the two had grown close more than others would see. Crystal had strong feelings for her mistress but she could not speak of them. She placed a hand on Morgana's shoulder as she watched an execution.

"Let this serve as a lesson to all. This man, Thomas James Collins, is adjudged guilty of conspiring to use enchantments and magic. Pursuant to the laws of Camelot, I, Uther Pendragon, have decreed that such practices are banned on penalty of death. I pride myself as a fair and just king, but for the crime of sorcery, there is but one sentence I can pass." Uther spoke to the crowd around the man. The executioner did his job and the man is beheaded. Crystal felt Morgana shiver against her hand.

"Morgana I know this pains you to watch. Uther is a cruel man you have seen this first hand. I believe when Arthur becomes our king. Camelot will be a peaceful place I ensure." Crystal said to her mistress, rubbing her back gently.

Morgana closed the window and turned away. "I do not understand why we must have a feast to celebrate the Great Pudge and Uther believes I must accompany him to the feast." She said with a sign of hatred in her voice.

"Since it is when Uther rid the land of magic. Uther believes a celebration is necessary. Morgana if you wish not to accompany Uther, I would be willing to take you." Crystal said with a slight blush.
From the corner of her eye, she saw Morgana smile, Yes, that is wonderful. I will receive a dress for you." She said.

"Thank you, my lady. I must receive your sleeping draft from Gaius." She spoke as she bowed, "I will return before the night is upon us.

Crystal went down the physician's chambers knocking on the door, Gaius, is Morgana's sleeping draft ready?" She entered to see Gaius reading a letter and a man she had never seen before.

"Hello, dear Coventina. Her sleeping draft is prepared." The wise man said looking up from the letter. Gaius knew of her magical abilities since he had known her family before the Great Purge. Gaius told her that she had popped out of the womb a few days before the Great Purge had ended. Gaius had helped deliver her, and he always said she was a girl with a destiny.

Coventina grabbed the draft, "Gaius who is that man?" She asked looking at the young boy.

"His name is Merlin, he has come to work with me as my apprentice," Gaius said and Coventina nodded before leaving.

Merlin, that name sounded familiar from what her younger brother Mordred had told her. Morgana was laying in her bed when Crystal returned. The two spoke their goodnights.

The morning soon came and Morgana was trying to decide what she was going to wear for the night. Gwen was out of the room and Crystal was making the bed as Morgana spoke, ""You know, I've been thinking about Arthur. I wouldn't touch him with a lance pole. Pass me that, will you Crystal?" Crystal felt her heart drop at the fact Morgana may be interested in Arthur. Footsteps entered the room and she saw Merlin.

Morgana asked another question and Merlin replied with a mumble because she thought he was Gwen. Crystal tried not to let out a laugh. Eventually, Morgana asked for help with fastening. Merlin had a look of terror.

"Coming, my lady." Crystal was still taken away from Morgana's beauty. No wonder men could never take their eyes away from her at a feast. The strange thing was Morgana never acknowledged them. Crystal had a small hope in her heart that Morgana was attracted to women.

"So, it's whether I wear this little tease... or give them a night they'll really remember... Wait who are you?" Morgana said twirling around in a maroon one.

"Morgana, you must wear that one. You would look like a true queen and a bonus no man will be able to keep their eyes off you." Crystal said, she could not keep her eyes off at this moment.

Later that night, the feast had begun. Morgana had selected for her to wear, a fine black dress that matched her own. The dress was perfect but for one fact it was sleeveless which would reveal the druid symbol on her shoulder. She had a way to hide this mark, her thick hair concealed from prying eyes.

"My goddess, Crystal you look amazing," Morgana said with excitement.

"You do as well my lady." Crystal said and hooked her hand in Morgana's. The pair entered the feast and all eyes went on them. Arthur was taken back by the strong beauty as they walked by him. Crystal let out a little giggle at Merlin's dazed look and the elbow from Gaius. Morgana removed her hand, Crystal felt tingly in her heart.

"The boys could not keep their eyes away." She joked. The ward and servant were close so the two would make each other laugh. Uther announced the feast was to start. Crystal had the privilege to sit at the royal table since Morgana had brought her. Soon, the food was eaten which meant it was time for entrainment.

"I am to present, Lady Helen," Uther spoke. Lady Helen started and it sounded beautiful but there was something off about this song. Crystal covered her ears when her eyelids started to droop. It was a spell to put others to sleep. She saw the boy Merlin have the same idea. The effects were strong on Crystal. The singing got louder and she fell asleep for about a minute. The singing stopped and saw the old lady from the trial the day prior, the mother of Thomas. A chandelier had fallen on her but with the energy, she threw a dagger straight for Arthur.

As if time had been slowed, Merlin had stopped the dagger and went into the chair. Uther applauded this action.

"An honor must be given. I grant you to be Arthur's manservant." Uther announced. Arthur did not look very happy about this honor.

Crystal followed Morgana back to her chambers.

"Crystal, may I ask something of you?"

"Yes, my lady. You are the ward you may do anything you wish."

"Please stay with me this fine night. It may be forbidden but sometimes you need to damn the consequences." Morgana said. A blush covered her cheeks, "It would be an honor, Morgana." After their baths were taken, the pair got into their bed. Each of them was on one side. Crystal had a suspension that Morgana was in love with her.