[𝙸𝙸] NOW IN THEATRES NEAR YOU

"Kit-Kat!" Joshua trots up the stairs. It's after school and he hasn't seen his sister all afternoon. There's no answer and her door is shut. Well, not for long. He pushes it open, surprised she hasn't locked it. Then again, she's terrible at remembering to. "Kathryn?" She's laying on her bed, eyes toward the ceiling. 

She turns, her cheeks pale and eyes red. She's been crying, evidently. "Yeah?" 

He's at her side in seconds, eyes narrowed. "What's wrong? Was it Mike or one of your friends? Did they say something-" He swears if it's Mike...that kid'll regret it. 

She sits up. "No," Her voice is shaky. "Joshua...Will's missing. He's missing and all I can think about is-" She tears up in front of him. He knows though, knows what she can't bear to say. 

Josh sits on her bed, pulling his twin close. "They'll find him, Kat. This is Hawkins. Nothing bad ever happens here. I promise you're not losing any friends, got it? Never again. Not like," He chokes slightly. "Not like that." 

They hold each other for about fifteen minutes, quiet; enjoying each other's company. Josh aches to tell his sister about how he chickened out of asking Jennifer Wilson out again, ask for advice- but how can he now? How could his problems ever measure up to hers? They can't. Instead, he gives her all the support he can and promises himself he'll ask Jennifer tonight. 

"Thanks, Joshy." His sister's voice makes him smile. 

"Course'. Hey listen, a few of my friends and I are going to the movies tonight. Come with us? It'll be fun!" He's not prepared for a yes; Kathryn is stubborn. Still, he knows she needs to get her mind off of her friend's disappearance. 

"Josh..." 

"I'll buy you a coke and whatever candy you want. Please, Kat? I miss you. I miss hanging out with you. And it'll be a good distraction." 

Kathryn considers. She does miss having fun with her twin brother. And she can't do anything for Will, right? Hopper specifically said not to look. Besides, it'll only bring back more painful memories if she stays here. 

"Fine- but I expect you to hold up your end of the bargain." She sends him a playful smirk and he laughs. "Let me get dressed. I'll be down in a second." 

"YES! We'll take our bikes." 

He leaves and she pries herself from her bed, getting ready. 

Kathryn slides down the railing twenty minutes later- considerably longer than a second- and finds her father just arriving home from work. "Kat." He smiles and she hugs him.

"Hey Dad."

"Going somewhere?" He's noticed her unusual outfit, neater and less academic than normal.