[𝙸] WHERE'S WILL?

Kathryn was not a morning person

Kathryn was not a morning person. She was most certainly a night owl. Mornings were chaotic and nights were calm. It was easy for her to decide she preferred the quiet peace of the night over the mad dash that was Moore family mornings. 

Josh was probably still asleep in the attached room- he wasn't a morning person, either. Although it had less to do with chaos and more to do with appreciating sleep, itself. She rolls off of her bed and draggs herself to the adjoining door. Pulling it open, she pokes her head into her brother's room and yowls like a cat. He opens an eye and then closes it, lifting his arm and throwing a sock her way. 

"A sock, Joshua? Really? Losing your game, I see." Kat tromps back to her dresser and pulls on her school skirt and a matching polo, grabbing her backpack in time for-

"Kat! Kathryn! Kathryn Moore! Breakfast time!" Her mom calls up the stairs. Briefly, the girl wishes she'd go, 'Josh! Joshua! Joshua Moore!' for once instead. Shaking her head, she slides down the railing, landing gracefully at the bottom. 

About to walk into the kitchen, Kathryn suddenly finds herself kissing the floor. "Josh," she moans, his weight still heavy on his sister's back. "You suck at sliding down the railing. Just walk down the steps." 

He rolls off of her, groaning slightly. Shaking himself off, his curly hair shaking with him, he sends her a wide smile. "But sliding's more fun. Mornin' sis!" He then races to the kitchen, leaving the other twin to follow. It seems he's in a better mood now- or he just doesn't feel like taking off a sock. One of the two. 

The rest of the Moore family are already seated around the dining table, surveying the frozen waffles that Kimberly Moore (the twins' mom) has so graciously run through the toaster. She's a lovely mom, just not a cook. Eggos are a staple in the Moore household. Kat falls into her chair, grabbing her waffle. 

The other twin wrinkles his nose, opting to take out the only box of cereal left and dump the entire thing into his bowl. Kimberly Moore takes one look at her 12-year-old son's mess and points to the broom. Unfortunately, he's already begun dumping milk in his bowl, so her finger shifts to the mop. Their father glances at his watch, leaping up from the table. He pecks his wife on the cheek, murmuring about being late for a lecture, and bolts from the house. 

"Looks like you'll be here for a while," their mom chirps to Josh, who doesn't seem to mind. Probably part of some scheme to be fashionably late to school. 

Amanda stands, dropping her plate neatly in the sink. "Well, I can't wait for them, mom-" 

Kimberly waves her hand breezily. "It's fine, Amanda. Kat will just ride her bike- she's been doing that more anyway- and I'll drive Josh today so I can explain to the principal why he's late," At this she turns an amused eye at him. "Get cleaning, Joshua." 

Taking that as her cue to leave, Kathryn heads to the carport to grab her bike. When she first got it, she'd been dismayed it was pink. The bike had grown on her though, and Lucas didn't tease her too often about it's color.