[𝙸𝚇] NERD BOY BLUES

✦ ⭐︎𝙉𝙀𝙍𝘿 𝘽𝙊𝙔 𝘽𝙇𝙐𝙀𝙎 ⭐︎✦

Kathryn Moore rested her head on Joshua Moore's chest, while he laid out on her bed, reading a comic. His curly hair was messy from shifting on the pillow and every so often he glanced down at his twin sister. Kat had slipped on a pair of thin headphones and pushed a mixtape into her brand newish walkman. Josh had made the mixtape a few hours before and lovingly titled it, ɴᴇʀᴅ ʙᴏʏ ʙʟᴜᴇꜱ in his small neat handwriting. She'd scoffed playfully at the title, but realized it was rather accurate. 

Rather, seeing as her issues with Mike were only a part of the stress the last few days had brought to the girl. Will was still missing, and quite likely in danger. Michael was being an ass. Eleven had disappeared, according to a conversation she'd overheard on her walkie. Lucas was just as mad as she was-basically, the Party was a mess. 

A mess that Kathryn couldn't muster up the will to clean up at the moment. The playlist continued  and she began to silently mouth the words to Naked Eye's cover of "Always Something There to Remind Me." Joshua turned the page and they sat there in comfortable silence for a while longer. 

Amanda appeared in the doorway, knocking lightly on the frame. The twins looked up as if on cue and all three Moore siblings smiled. She nodded at Kathryn. "Wanna talk? Looks like something's on your mind. Since Joshua's got you covered in the," She raised her eyebrows pointedly at the walkman in Kat's hand, smirking. "-depressing music department, figured we could actually converse?" 

Joshua pouted, but closed his comic book, kissed Kat on the forehead in a brotherly fashion, and strode out of her bedroom. Kathryn sent her sister a smile and sat up, taking off her headphones so she could listen. 

Amanda threw herself onto her younger sister's bed. With just the two of them there, one could easily see how similar the two looked. The long, straight locks were uniform- though Kathryn's were cut shorter. They both had observant green eyes, short lashes, pale skin. Two girls just trying to figure out life and love and being kids out. Admittedly, some of Kathryn's were more...supernatural than Amanda's, but the sentiment was still there. 

"Mom and Dad decided they liked it upstate, they're staying a few more days. Told em' it was cool, since you and Josh seemed to have something going on with that boy everyone says is dead?" Amanda looked curiously at Kat who was silent for a minute. 

"I can't really explain it, Mandy. But he's alive. He's still alive. And it's not me dealing with another death, I'm not crazy, he really is-"

"I believe you." Amanda interrupted her. Kathryn smiled gratefully. "Just be careful with whatever it is you're messing around with, okay? If you get hurt, Mom and Dad'll kill me. Besides," She bumped her younger sister's shoulder jokingly. "I might miss you if you do." 

The younger sister rolled her eyes, laughing. "We will." She then sighed. 

"But that's not the only problem, is it?" Amanda was smart, but more importantly, she was intuitive.