64

" 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒂𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉? "

It was quiet in the Malfoy house, I had spent a lot of time in the library reading books, Narcissa had welcomed me with open arms, despite being forced too, she fed me well and talked to me; Constantly asked what I wanted for Christmas to which I said nothing but I knew she was being herself and organising for me to have presents. Today I was heading in to diagon alley to get my presents for Narcissa. I was walking down with my hood up, hardly any of the shops were still going but people were trying and that was the only thing that mattered. I wandered into Slug and jiggers apothecary. There was a strong smell hitting me before dulling.

I ran my hands over the vials looking through them until a certain rare concoction caught my eye; acromantula venom. I picked it up, I'm sure she would find her uses for it, bringing it to the counter the server looked very tired. 'That'll be 10 galleons' I smiled at him as brightly as I could, 'thank you' He nodded 'Of course Miss Potter, after all you are saving all of us' I furrowed my brows, 'come again' He shrugged 'Everyone knows you and your brother have to defeat him again' I shook my head 'Well I hate to be the one to tell you but the fate isn't in my hands' He seemed glum but nodded. I walked out the fresh air filling my lungs I glanced right and left before deciding to see if my favourite twins were in. I walked a little further up the street until coming across there unmissable shop. I stepped up ringing the bell.

No answer. I pushed the door a jingling sound echoed 'Hello?' I asked getting yet again no answer. I looked over at a closed off section and my curiosity over took. I gasped getting closer and being able to read what it said. "For y/n." I grinned wider and wider until my grin probably covered half my face. Not "y/n Potter" just y/n. I looked at some of the products, which were things I had helped them with over the years. A new set of food, a long lasting and short lasting ageing position from 4th year where I had helped them become non old men. 'y/n' A breathless whisper, I turned and saw Fred smiling his eyes brimmed with tears. I ran to him, hugging him tight. 'WHY DIDN'T YOU SEND ANY LETTERS!' I stumbled back.

'Look I was overwhelmed by meeting the man who murdered my parents, I'm sorry. I've been staying with the Malfoy's' He shook his head and grabbed my shoulder pulling me in for another hug. 'George and I were worried, mum was also worried sick' I looked up at him, 'Well now you know I'm good, George in?' He nodded eagerly and took my hand dragging me up to the apartment above the shop. 'Fred, who broke in?' He turned from the sandwich in his hand and dropped it on the plate seeing me. 'y/n!' He ran over picking me up and twirling me around in a hug.

'Where have yo-' 'The Malfoy's' He nodded understanding entirely. 'Got it, you uh staying for long?' I shook my head, 'No was just popping into Slug and Jiggers apothecary for Narcissa' He didn't want to know more by the way his jaw clenched but I ignored it. 'Ask, I know you're dying to' He glanced at his twin before asking 'What happened' I sighed and plopped down on the sofa. 'Well I got there, with Bella of course and uh I met Voldemort told him I was on neither side which is a lie. I want him dead and I'll kill him myself if I have too but I couldn't do it not there. Too many death eaters who would just kill me or Draco. So I'm waiting, he killed my mother and father and he just brushed it off like it was nothing' They both nodded.

After a moment of silence I said 'Don't ever leave my side boys' They both came either side of me 'We won't little one, we're in this together' I laid my head onto George's shoulder, 'I need to get back but I'm glad I came. Also, I like it' I smirked, the two of them mirroring my expression, 'We thought you might' I kissed both of their heads whilst they were still sat and waved goodbye wandering down the stairs and out of the shop back onto the cold glum street, with one more glance at the Weasley joke shop before I used floo powder to get back.

I ran up to Draco's room, hiding the present for his mother before opening his double window wide, I grabbed a book and started reading on the window enjoying the cold air hitting against my skin. The door opened but I ignored it knowing it was Draco, probably just grabbing something. 'Budge up' He demanded, I huffed but put my book down moving over for the boy. He slid next to me and swung his legs, his head moved down tipping onto my shoulder before he sighed. 'There's no easy way is there?' My reply was simple. 'No' Our legs fiddled with each others for a minute. 'The whole task I've been set' He paused 'You'd really sacrifice that much?' Another hesitation. 'For me?' I gulped before saying 'I would do it a million times over if I had too' Another minute of silence went by before he spoke. 'I don't understand' I hummed 'That's okay, I don't either'.