25

" 𝑨 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆? "

" 𝑨 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆? "

My head hurt was an understatement it was quite literally killing me, it was currently 7 am and everyone was recovering from the night before. I had awoken in Draco's arms he was slowly stroking my hair awake, I thanked him despite our little tiff last night he looked after me something you wouldn't normally catch Malfoy doing. I had obviously drunkenly told him something last night because his mood with me had changed. I banged my head against the table for the second time like that was going to help me or something. I frowned when the letters came in, my owl was dropping me the same letter I had forgotten to open from the other day. I opened up the letter and instantly recognised the hand writing. 

Dear y/n, 

To my knowledge it was not you nor your brother who put your names in the tournament but I am trying to figure it out. I do hope you are well and wearing the necklace I got you, I'm not sure if Dumbledore wants you to know this but apparently he was very sceptical of you and Harry competing as you will both develop more skills as you become 15, I have not told Harry that, only yourself as he believes your powers will be stronger. Y/n keep your eye out more than ever and keep your friends close. Buckbeak misses you lots so I will make sure you come and visit soon. You truly are amazing y/n/n and I care for you greatly. Be careful and don't change. 

lot's of love Sirius and Buckbeak x

I smiled softly as I placed the letter in my pocket 'Is it from Sirius?' Pansy asked whispering in my ear. I nodded swiftly 'updating me. Nothing serious.' I had told Pansy about Sirius being innocent on the train back as she deserved to know, I hadn't quite told the others yet but I would eventually, Pansy now loved hearing the gossip and loved knowing when he contacted me as it fascinated her my relationship with the previously accused murderer. I picked up the prophet and froze when I saw my name and several photos. The photos were me kissing Malfoy's cheek and him on top of me as we laugh.

'That bitch' I cursed slamming the paper down, Draco took it from me scanning his eyes through the words that read something alone the lines of us denying being together but clearly in love and how this would effect Cedric. The next bit was about Hermione and her so called love triangle, all I could really think about was how much I hated her. 'She's such an idiot. Mr Malfoy and Miss Potter clearly in an entanglement' I put on my best Rita Skeeter voice and slammed the table with my fist. 'You know it's not that bad' Draco tried to reason with me but I ignored it. 'I think it is, If I liked somebody I would tell them straight up not wait for them to see it on a paper' My comment had upset Malfoy but I hadn't noticed I was to busy ranting about the stupid work Rita had done.

'Come on' I pulled Theo in to the room we were meant to be in, Snape had called all the fourth year and above's to one of the bigger rooms for an unknown reason. We entered the room that was bigger than most, 'Hello Slytherin's please come in quickly girls on the left, boys on the right' I nodded at  Theo and we separated to either side. I sat down between Pansy and Daphne, 'What do you think its about?' Daphne asked Pansy and I, I shook my head 'no clue' We all leaned back as Snape asked for silence. 'The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost... a dance'

Complains erupted from the boys, 'Silence' Snape shouted making me shiver a little 'The house of Salazar Slytherin  has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like idiots. I expect you to act responsibly especially you Miss Potter considering you are a champion I expect you to not only have a partner but listen today as we learn to dance. You will need it' Everyone was looking at me causing my cheeks to go red. Out of the corner of my hair I saw the same strand from before go a dark orange, but this time I really did see it, it wasn't just my imagination, I really had seen it. 

He told us all to get up and find a partner which the boys were slow for but did because it was Snape and he would most likely give them detention other wise. Draco had made his way towards me 'a dance?' He held out his hand and I took it, his hands moved to my lower back, I moved one hand to his shoulder and the other to his free hand, We waltzed around the room with the other pairs, Blaise and Pansy caught my eye, they looked both genuinely happy, I do hope they go together they look cute together and they really are perfect for one another. I met Draco's eyes and sent him a smile, 'I suppose you'll be going with Astoria' He scoffed 'not a chance in Merlin' I creased my forehead, who else would he go with? I stepped to far forward treading on Draco's foot 'Shit sorry' He grinned. 'Don't worry'.

[A/N] love the yule balllll