Ch.2

Y/N POV 

I received news from Eiji by text that Ash is being let out today. I went ahead and joined Shorter and a few of the gang member's to walk around Chinatown. There's a high chance that Ash would come here to meet up with my brother and I wanted to see him. We went through alleyways and heard noise not to far then turned to see Ash with Eiji and a guy who was apparently following him.

"We'll take it form there." Shorter said as he cracked his knuckle's. "Haven't lost your touch, eh?"

"Great to have you back, Ash." I said next to Shorter with a bow. Ash released the guy in question to the other guy's that came with my brother.

"Please, don't kill me." The guy said.

"Let him go after he talks." Ash ordered. 

"Still acting like the good saint? When will you..." Shorter was cut off.

"I'm just saying he isn't worth killing. It'll just make more trouble." Ash explained himself.

"Why not? Let's settle it once and for all." Shorter stated as he looked to the guy who was being dragged away. "Arthur thinks he's some big shot now. Gotta stop him."

"Do you know what happened to Griff's body?" The blonde asked.

"Nobody came to pick it up." Eiji answered. I looked down sad about the news. "So it's still at the coroner."

"Now that I'm on the run, he'll be chucked in a public grave, huh." Ash said calmly. "You back out now, Shorter. I'll settle this myself."

My brother didn't like that, "The hell I will! You can't do anything alone." Their argument came to a swift conclusion.

Ash reached his hand out, "Let's do this together, Shorter." Ash said and did his handshake with Shorter.

"That's the spirit."

"It's nice to have you back Ash." I said with a smile.

"Nice to see you again, Shorty." I laughed at Ash's nickname for me. "I see you got the same eyebrow piercing as Shorter." He pointed out.

"Of course, I wanted something to resemble Shorter since he wants to change his appearance all the time." I said.

"We need somewhere quiet to figure out a plan." After Shorter said that I knew he meant the Chinese mafia would be helping.

"I'll go hang out with Sing then, Shorter. I'll let Nadia know too." I said.

"Gonna go hang out with your boyfriend?" Ash teased.

"Like that'll ever happen." I laughed it off. Shorter gave me a slightly concerned face, "Stay safe, Ash...Eiji." I turned away to walk over to find the rest of the gang. 

"What about me?!" Shorter said offendedly.

I laughed at my brothers reaction, "Take care, Shorter! Love ya!" I then ran off hearing a Love ya too in the distance.

~Time Skip~

It's been quite some time since Shorter left with Ash, I was currently hanging out with Sing and the rest of the gang. Someone knocked on the door and a member went to open it. A few Chinese mafia walked in and I pulled up my hood and moved a bit behind Sing. "What business do you have with us?" Sing asked the men.

"Shorter Wong has been banished by the Lee clan." I was surprised by the news and the other's held the same expression.  "He is no longer the boss of this gang. That is all we came to discuss."

The men left soon after that and once the door was closed I walked over to an empty crate and raised my foot and brought it down hard. "Damn it!" I cursed aloud. 

"I don't accept this....Shorter is our only boss!" I hear Sing say. I looked at him with appreciation and the other's agreed with him.

"For now, you are the boss, Sing. Don't bring us to ruin...." I told him and received some nods in agreement with those  who's been here the longest and have known me since I was young.

We decided the best course of action was to find Ash's gang and come up with a plan.

Luckily it didn't take long to find them. They were hiding out in an abandoned building, "Who's there?" One of them noticed us and aimed his gun at us.

"The once famous group led by Ash Lynx, now living here quietly amongst the rats?" Sing stated. 

"Who the hell are you?" Ash's number two asked.

"I'm Soo-Ling Sing, the boss of the Chinese." Sing introduced himself. Ash's number two was shocked by this and noticed me. 

"The boss? A tiny brat like you?" The big guy with a mohawk asked.

"Shorter's the boss of the Chinese." A guy with pink hair said confused.

"He's been banished." Sing explained. 

"What?" The guy with gun made eye contact with me then asked, "Y/N, is this true?" He knew me from the times I'd show up with my brother.

I stood diagonally behind Sing, "Unfortunately, it is." I said with crossed arms.

"The guys at the top got mad at him for hanging with Ash. Anyways, do you want to start a war with us?" Sing provoked them.

"A war?"

"Ash Lynx is back in New York." They didn't seem to know their boss was back. "He's being confined in Golzine's mansion. If you're up to it, we're willing to work with you." Sing tried to persuade

"But, you'll get your bosses angry."

I looked to the side in anger, "It's true that they made a deal with Golzine. But that's their business." The new Chinese boss crushed a can out of anger. "For us, Shorter is our only boss."

"Fine. Let's hear you out." Ash's number two lowered his gun.

I looked up in relief and saw Sing smirk with satisfaction.