//45// Deferred, Jailed, Offered

Start bij het begin

I shake my head, teeth biting into each other to keep myself from crying. "I would've loved you forever.... even if this is where we die."

I look back at the EMP and start to turn it on. That's when I hear a cry of pain. I rush from the device and toward John, seeing that Josephine sliced across his thigh. Blood is spilling out already. I kneel beside him, applying pressure with both my hands. When I look up, I see Bellamy cuffing Josephine as she struggles. Echo is kneeling in front of the EMP with a bewildered expression.

"Throw the battery inside the tower!!" I shout at her, distantly hearing motorcycles as the high pitched alarm continues to pound in my ears. "Then all you have to do is press the circular button!!"

She succeeds and I watch the shield get taken down. Bellamy grabs Josephine and takes her through. John shouts something about a man named Gabriel to him but I can't focus on anything but the blood quickly staining my hands.

"Come on, come on," I say quietly to myself.

Echo rushes to one of the motorcycles. "I'm going to help our friends."

I nod. "Good. I have to stay here."

She nods back, pulling on the helmet and riding through the row of crops. I look back at John and notice his expression is a troubled one. His eyes are shut tight. I don't want him to feel like that. I lean forward and kiss him roughly. His hand cups my cheek after a minute as he pulls away.

"I'm not letting you die," I say quietly, resting my forehead against his.

"I'm a lost cause, Cam," he says, shaking his head.

"You're not going to hell, John," I say, shaking my head too.

"Yes, I am," he says, squeezing out the last two words in pain.

"No, you're not. I won't let you," I say, shaking my head. "And that's assuming hell is even real."

"It's real," he says, nodding.

"Then I'm going too. Can't argue with that, can you?" I say, smiling softly at him. "How does life in hell sound if I'm there too?"

He grins. "Tolerable."

I smile back. "Then to a life of tolerance with the man I love."

"Hands up!!"

_•_•_

Jail isn't as luxurious as you might think. The room is shaped in a sort of "L." The door is at the top of the "L" while I sit near the bottom on the bench they gave us. My leg is bouncing up and down as I stare at the grooved walls. They also provided us with a table which Miller is laying on. He seems agitated. I wouldn't blame him. This place is hell.

Russel walks through the door and I immediately have the urge to punch him. "Where is my daughter?"

I snort. "Your daughter? You mean the obnoxious bitch with the psychopathic murder tendencies?"

He frowns deep, turning to John. "Care to answer?"

"John, I swear to god, I will come over there and shove my foot so far up your-"

"I'll take that as a no," Russel says, sighing. "I can't pardon all of you for your crimes so I'll let you decide who I'll be executing."

"What a kingly thing to do!" I shout after him as he walks out the door.

"Do you really have to do that?" Miller asks, sounding exhausted.

I shrug. "I might go crazy if I don't."