Chapter 11

Have you ever woken up from the best sleep of your life and felt like you're in a dream?
yeah, that's how I feel right now.
I barely sat up on the couch because my ribs killed me every time I moved. My vision was a little blurry at first and I was super thirsty.
I looked around the apartment confused.
Where is everyone?
I slowly got off the couch and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge and sat down at the counter.
I sat in silence. I waited. Nothing.
What the hell?
How long was I asleep?
I got up and walked down the small hallway. No one was here, their beds were empty.
I reached the bathroom and picked up my medicine bottle that was on the sink. I popped two painkillers in my mouth and swallowed them with the remaining water I had left.
*creak*
I heard the front door open accompanied by the sounds of shuffling. I hobbled as fast as I could into the living room. Tommy was here.
"Where has everyone been?!?"
"We just went out for a little while so you could sleep peacefully, god woman!"
"ohhh."
"Yeah. OhHhH," Tommy said twirling his hands around in the air.
"Sorry," I said smiling sweetly at him.
"Mhm." Tommy said smiling.
"So whatever happened to Nikki, he stormed out right before I fell asleep."
"Umm I'm not sure but when he came back he was fine so I didn't think I needed to ask."
hmm, I wonder where he went.
——
When everyone returned to the apartment I was feeling much better.
"How's the ribs?" Vince said grimacing.
"They're feeling a lot better actually." I said smiling.
Everyone talked and drank for a really long time. When it was time to go to bed I was buzzed. Painkillers and booze really do mix well.
"Nikkkiiiiii, I'm sleepyyyyy." I said while pulling on his sleeve.
"Looks like someone's *cough* *cough* whipped..." Vince said laughing.
"Oh really, I'm the whipped one?" Nikki said while pointing a Vince who was rubbing my best friends shoulders.
"Yes Nikki, just you," Vince said.
—-
After all the good nights and the sayonaras we FINALLY went to bed.
"Ughhh it feel so good to lay down." I said exhaling deeply.
"Didn't you take a humongous nap earlier?" Nikki said laughing at me.
"Yessss but I'm still tireddd so come cuddle meeee!!!" I've noticed I'm very needy when I'm drunk and or high.
Nikki climbed in bed and pulled the covers over both of us. He brushed my hair out of my face and kissed the top of my head while holding me in his arms.
"Hey Nikkiiii...am...am I your girlfriend?" I said giggling at the word girlfriend.
Nikki paused.
"Do you want to be?" Nikki said quietly.
There was silence for forever but then the sounds of Jess's snoring filled the room.
Nikki smiled.
"Yes, you are."